Still Irresistible

December 1978

Eileen had always loved Christmas, but the joy of spending that special holiday with her two-month-old twin grandsons was indescribable.

She showered them with gifts and took a lot of pictures of them with their mother.

She looked at Florence with her heart full of pride; the young woman was an amazing mum, she took exceptional care of those babies, hardly ever letting Eileen or the house elves do anything to help her.

_____________________

February 1979

It was a cold night.

Florence was the only one awake in the house. Her godmother was at a meeting at the day care centre in Hogsmeade where she worked; and Tiffany and Sam had already gone to sleep.

That week would be Florence and the twins' last one at Eileen's, Florence felt it was time to go home with them.

She missed her house and Hogsmeade; also, being at Eileen's she risked meeting Severus.

Florence sighed, her four-month-old baby boys were sleeping peacefully in their crib, and the house was silent; she sat on the bed, opened the book No Cuts: healing through magic, and started reading the chapter her teacher had told all the healers-in-training to read.

Her classes at St. Mungus had started two weeks ago and she was loving them! During the day, Florence left the twins with Eileen at the day care centre in Hogsmeade and felt free to focus on her studies, knowing they were safe with their grandma.

She reached for her cup of tea on the nightstand and a picture caught her eye – that photo had been taken by Eileen on Florence's first summer there, almost three years ago.

Florence and Severus were hugging in the picture, he even had a small smile on his lips.

She closed her eyes, feeling her chest tighten – she missed him.

His absence in her life was like an open wound, always hurting, always bleeding. And their shared dreams, which still happened occasionally, were always hot and romantic, feeding her love for him.

She knew she had to put a stop on those dreams, they weren't helping her forget him, they only made the pain worse.

She reopened her eyes and tried to focus on her book – tried being the key-word, for that was his room, she could still remember the many nights they had spent making love on that same bed; when she looked at her sons, it was hard not to think that they had been made on that exact mattress.

She forced herself not to cry, sipping her tea, taking deep breaths and turning a page on her book.

Then she heard noises downstairs.

Getting up quickly and taking her wand with her, Florence left the bedroom, silently.

She magically sealed the bedroom door and went to the stairs, seeing the kitchen lights were on and walking quietly downstairs.

In the living room, she saw a black coat thrown over the sofa and her heart skipped a beat.

Severus.

He was there!

And suddenly she was taken by a strong mix of emotions, her veela standing up in attention and growling inside her mind, angry and hurt.

Our lives could have been so much different. She thought, going to the kitchen and stopping by the door, finding him making a sandwich by the sink, his back to her.