One day

May 21st, 1981

Florence had been working at the hospital seven days a week for months, so Prof. Smethwyck surprised her by giving her the day off to enjoy her birthday at home.

She was lying on her bed, relaxing, just remembemring how great breakfast with her kids and Eileen had been earlier that day – there were cake and presents, and lots of hugs and kisses.

Then Eileen had taken the boys to the daycare centre, allowing Florence to go back to bed and sleep until noon.

"Morning, Mistress Flor," said Tiffany, walking into the room with a tray floating in front of her.

"Good morning. What's that, Tiff?"

"Special lunch, for my Mistress' special day."

Florence walked to the table and smiled, Tiffany had prepared one of her favourite dishes: fish with lemon and capers, a colourful salad, and had also opened one of her father's expensive white wines.

"This is wonderful, Tiff. Thank you," Florence sat at the table to start eating, thinking that that had been a very happy birthday so far.

There was only one thing that could make that day perfect; Florence touched her necklace, thinking that if Severus were there, she wouldn't be enjoying that delicious lunch, she'd probably be still in bed, crying out his name while he made her climax so hard she'd pass out.

Then he'd let her rest a while, only to wake her up to give her a couple more orgasms in the afternoon.

She sipped her wine and sighed sadly, stopping touching the cold gemstone; he wasn't there, so she wouldn't be spending the day being shagged by the man she loved.

_______________

After lunch, while she enjoyed a slice of her birthday cake, Florence contemplated what to do with her day off.

Shopping, I might go shopping in the village.

The twins were getting bigger and taller as the weeks went by and there weren't enough transfiguration spells that could fix their clothes. So they needed some new shorts and shirts and jumpers and... well, everything for the summer.

She changed her silk nightgown for an ivory half-sleeved sheath dress, put on some heeled sandals and left the house with her wand in her coat pocket.

_______________

Florence walked down the main street, looking around Hogsmeade and, as always, feeling lucky to live there. The village was so precious, not even the war seemed to touch that place.

Once in a while they had aurors popping in, looking for death eaters hiding in the Forbidden Forest. But that was all.

She sighed, touching her necklace, thinking of what would happen to her and the kids if the aurors ever found out that the boys were Severus' sons.

He might be working at Hogwarts, but he still had the Dark Mark on his arm and many didn't trust him, even though Dumbledore did.

She took a deep breath, trying to shake off those worrisome thoughts, and walked into Madam Malkin's store.

"My dear, Florence!" exclaimed Susan Malkin, the owner, as soon as she'd walked in. "What can I do for you today?"

"Hi, Susan. I need two of everything for the summer for the boys, size 3T, please. They are growing so fast; I birthed them then blinked and now they're almost three!"

Susan laughed: "I know, right? I saw them with Eileen the other day. They are so cute!"

Florence smiled, "Yes, they are. They are the light of my days."