Umbridge

September 1st, 1995

Hogwarts

High table, welcoming feast

Florence was talking to Pomfrey when Severus walked into the Great Hall by the side door, looking worried.

I just found out who the new DADA teacher is.

And? Florence replied, looking up at him.

He stopped beside her and motioned for her to look at the door near the other end of the table, from where a short and plump woman with apparently no neck and dressed in pink from head to toe walked into the Great Hall smiling sweetly.

"Is that...?" Florence started saying.

"Dolores Umbridge. The new teacher," finished Severus.

"Ooh, I remember her," said Pomfrey, "'Nasty' doesn't do her justice. Prof. Slughorn was always nice to all his Slytherins but her. He knew that one was rotten."

Florence noticed when Umbridge's eyes fell on her and then on Severus, showing clear disapproval to the fact that he was standing so close to her.

"Well, Florence, she saw something she didn't like," Pomfrey said with a smirk.

"She sure did, Poppy."

Severus frowned, "What are you two talking about?"

But the two women just shared a glance and giggled, making the potions master roll his eyes before going to sit on his usual place.

__________________

"What were you and Pomfrey giggling about?" Severus asked his wife when she sat beside him.

"We think the pink toad didn't like seeing me near you just now."

"What? Why? It's none of her business if..."

"Oh, but I think she wants you to be her business."

Severus realised what she meant and slowly turned his head to the left, looking at Umbridge sitting four chairs away.

The woman gave him a small smile and he turned to face his wife so fast that his hair flew on his face.

Florence chuckled at him and put the rogue strands in their place, many students looking at them as she touched their sour professor's hair.

You're giving them a show, Florence.

No. A show would be me falling onto my knees and sucking you under the table.

Gave it some thought, wife?

You bet I did. She winked at him.

Florence glanced at Umbridge and smiled, receiving a deep scowl in return.

"Ooh, this is going to be good."

Severus just rolled his eyes, Women and their games.

Right. Florence snorted. Cause you've never played any games nor fucked me in front of anyone just to prove a point.

He smirked. You liked it.

I sure did. She replied.

But Dumbledore interrupted their flirting by approaching the pulpit and beginning his welcoming speech: "To our newcomers, welcome! To our old hands – welcome back! There is a time for speech making, but this is not it. Tuck in!"

But the sudden sound of a throat being cleared affectedly had everyone turning to the left end of the high table, where Umbridge was putting her pink handbag on the table and getting up to approach the pulpit.