Conversations

Next morning

Little Hangleton

Severus walked into the manor and found Voldemort, unexpectedly, in the living room.

"My Lord," he bowed his head.

"Severus, have a seat," he pointed to the sofa, looking dangerously displeased, "I can't say I was surprised by your request for a private audience. I was told Florence hasn't been to the Ministry in two days. I imagine you're here to tell me what's wrong with my daughter."

"Yes, my Lord," Severus went straight to the point, before risking being hexed: "She's pregnant. Twins again."

Voldemort's expression went from displeased to surprised and then happy in a matter of seconds, "That's some great news!"

"Yes. But she's already feeling unwell – it's even worse than the last time," Severus didn't hide his concern, "I must ask you, my Lord, to allow her to step down from the Ministry and let her rest. She's already seventeen weeks and-"

"She was hiding it?" Voldemort interrupted him.

"No, my Lord. She didn't know. She's been feeling a little weak for weeks but refused to see Pomfrey due to-"

"Mulishness?" Voldemort offered.

"Well, yes, my Lord. I tried to make her go talk to Pomfrey many times but-"

Voldemort smirked, "She certainly told you she's a healer and knows better."

Severus gave a small smile, nodding, "You do know your daughter, my Lord. Yesterday, she finally saw Pomfrey and found out she is expecting."

"Florence really shouldn't be leaving the school," Voldemort nodded slowly, "We have enemies, as you very well know – even inside Hogwarts. Not to mention: she carries her mother's veela magic," he shook his head, concerned, "I remember how Sophie was when expecting Florence – it wasn't pretty, Severus. Changes of humour, fires and even storms inside the house."

Severus nodded, finding it weird to hear the Lord speaking about something he could personally relate to, so he added his own experience: "I've witnessed a few boiled juices, burnt furniture and I myself was throw through a window... so I know exactly what you mean, my Lord."

Voldemort looked at him intently, "Protect her, Severus. Two more heirs as powerful as James and Nicholas are the best of news! Congratulations, my loyal servant! "

"Thank you, my Lord."

Voldemort paused for a moment, pondering his next words: "I have one mission for you. You could send one of the boys to do it, but I'd rather you did it."

"Yes, my Lord?"

"I believe Potter will soon be visiting Godric's Hollow."

"Well, it makes sense that he'd visit his parents' graves."

"Yes, but I think he'll go to the house as well. He's a curious boy, he'll wish to see his family home. And that's where your mission is, Severus: I'd like for you to ambush him there and bring him to me."

"I can certainly try, my Lord. What about his two friends?"

"The blood-traitor and the mudblood?" Voldemort spat the word as if it made him taste vomit, "Kill them."

"As you wish, my Lord," Severus nodded, "I'll tell Nicholas to find out what the Order knows about Potter's plans and decide on when I'll go to Godric's Hollow. James will stay with Florence while I'm away."

"Yes. Good," Voldemort nodded, "You must make sure Florence is never unattended – she is your priority now," he paused, looking at the flames in the fireplace, his concern turning into hatred, "Potter must be stopped, Severus. He's found out a secret of mine and has been working on destroying-" he stopped abruptly.