He's back

Note: Third Task. Voldemort returns.

_________________

May 1995

Saturday

The Third Task

Florence arrived at the site of the third task and was impressed by the size of the maze that Hagrid had grown.

She had missed the four Champions entering the gigantic maze for she had had to breastfeed Sophie and wait for Eileen to get to her house before she could leave for Hogwarts.

All her kids had gone home that weekend to celebrate her birthday, so leaving the house proved to be a challenge as each kid asked for something as she was on her way out.

But she'd finally arrived at the school and sat beside her husband in the staff's stands.

"Hey, Severus, what have I missed?" Florence asked.

"Hi. Well, your cousin has left the maze."

"Why?"

"She called for help and was in a strange state of shock when she was found. She told the jury that Krum attacked her."

She scoffed, "That's pretty low, to attack the only female Champion."

Severus cast a Muffliato around them before speaking again:

"Why did it take you so long to get here?" he asked, worried.

"How do you want me to start?"

"By birth order," he said almost smiling.

"Well, James and Nick left earlier without telling me where they were going – again. So I was going to leave Chris and Sophie with Liz. I mean, Chris is eight already, and Sophie will probably sleep for the next two hours. But Elizabeth screamed and shouted and cried and... well, in the end I called you mother and I had to wait for her to get to the house so I could come."

"Why didn't you let Tiffany or Mel take care of the kids?"

"They're both overworked already, Sev. All the kids are at home, and there are four of them asking things from the elves during the entire day on top of their usual housechores. I know they like to please but, at the end of the day, Mel and Tiff are beat."

"Maybe we should invite Winky to work for us," he said, truly considering that possibility.

"Winky? The elf who got clothes from Crouch?"

"Yes. Dobby told me she's been drinking her sorrows in the kitchens, she is heartbroken-" he stopped talking when more red sparks were shot out of the maze and two aurors ran inside, soon walking out carrying a fainted Viktor Krum between them.

"Hogwarts is the Champion!" the students began shouting from the benches. Some screamed: "Potter! Potter!" while others shouted: "Diggory! Diggory!"

"Now we just have to wait and see who'll get to the Cup first," Florence said.

_________________

Thirty minutes later

Severus suddenly grabbed his left arm, cursing: "Shit!"

And Florence looked at him, her eyes moving from his face down to his arm, widening.

"No. Nonono," she murmured, froze by terror, "What are you feeling?"

"It's like-" he spoke between gritted teeth, "like I'm being summoned," he avoided looking at her; they both knew what that meant, "We must find Dumbledore," he added.