1991

August 1991

Snapes' family home

Late night

The kids were already asleep but Florence was waiting for her husband to arrive, pacing the living room nervously.

She had enrolled Harry Potter at Hogwarts two days ago – as his legal guardian in the wizarding world, she had to be the one to do it – and Dumbledore was going to send the boy's letter that day.

Severus had stayed at the school to wait for confirmation that Harry had received the letter, while Florence went home to be with their kids; but he was supposed to be home hours ago.

It doesn't take more than a couple of hours to deliver a letter to Little Whinging, it's not on the other side of the world!

That was how she knew that something had to have happened.

When, finally, the flames in the fireplace turned green and, from them, Severus appeared, brushing off the soot from his clothes, Florence immediately stopped her pacing and asked him:

"So, is it done? Harry's got his letter?"

"No," he sighed, "Apparently, the Dursleys are trying to stop the boy from going to Hogwarts," he kissed her lips before sitting on the sofa.

"What?" Florence exclaimed as she sat beside him, frowning, clearly angry with that situation, "I knew I should've been the one to deliver him his letter! Then I would've explained everything to him! Fuck what Dumbledore wants!"

"I dare say Petunia has never even told him a word about magic," continued Severus.

"What will we do now? She can't stop him from coming to Hogwarts!"

"Well, Dumbledore agrees with you and he has decided to send Harry as many letters as necessary in order to make sure he'll come to Hogwarts."

Florence laughed, "Now that's a good idea! He's probably going to send him a thousand letters. I'd love to see the Dursleys' faces when their manicured front yard gets covered in owl poo!"

Severus pulled her face towards his for another kiss, "Love that twisted sense of humour, princess. Laughing at other people's disgrace."

"Not people's, the Dursleys'."

Severus kissed her again, and she kneeled on the sofa, moving towards his lap, one leg on either side of his hips.

Florence began to open the buttons of his waistcoat and he spoke: "On a more worrying note, Dumbledore has asked me and some other teachers to help secure the Philosopher's Stone inside the castle this year."

"I know... he's mentioned to me that he was going to do that," she touched his face, putting his hair behind his ears, "Do you think it's wise to have that thing in Hogwarts?"

"No, I don't," he said in a whisper as Florence started kissing down his neck, "But I'll do my part, and help him keep that safe," he pulled her chin up, kissing her lips again passionately.

"OH, NO! MY EYES!" they suddenly heard one of their sons shouting from the top of the stairs.

Florence laughed, getting off of her husband's lap, "What are you doing up, James?"

"Being traumatised!" the twelve-year-old replied, walking downstairs.

"Oh, please. We were just kissing," she said.

"From the number of times I've caught you two snogging, one would think you haven't got a room in this house!" James went into the kitchen, pouring himself a glass of water and walking out.