Wedding

January 16th, 1978

Hogwarts

At the end of Holiday recess, Florence returned to the castle by Floo, going straight to her dorm to organise her bag for next day.

She was leaving the dorm when she saw Severus on the sofa, a book on his lap.

He seemed to sense her presence and lifted his head looking towards her.

Florence shivered; it was the first time she was seeing him after the long night of passion they had shared on his birthday, a week ago.

She suddenly remembered she had forgotten to take her Potentia Imperium Draught that morning, but for some reason her body wasn't taken by need to go sit near him and her veela wasn't making her all hot and bothered.

She frowned a little at that, but kept on walking; as she was almost at the exit door she stopped and turned, remembering she had to talk to him about something.

"Hi, Severus," she said, stopping in front of him.

"Florence," he said, giving her a curt nod and glancing at her briefly before returning to his book; desire, anger and jealousy mixing up inside of him.

He still remembered every moan that had left her lips and every move of her body under his – just as he remembered her saying she was dating Sirius Black.

And that gave him murderous thoughts.

Florence could sense the intense feelings coming from him, but didn't comment on them. She just sighed and said what she had gone there to say: "Look, I just want to let you know that I won't be your partner in Potions and DADA anymore."

"Why not?" he frowned, immediately closing his book, and looking at her.

"I don't feel comfortable working by your side anymore," she shrugged, "That means we won't be working together in any classes that ask for a partner, so you'd better find a new one."

He stared at her with narrowed eyes, wondering if her boyfriend had told her to do that, "Why don't you want to work with me? I bet Black told you–"

She interrupted: "Sirius doesn't own me, Severus. I just don't want to spend time with you," she used occlumency and lied, her mind replaying her father's threatening words to give her courage, "It's better this way."

Severus stood up, looking angry, "Better for whom? I'll have to work alone!"

Florence crossed her arms over her chest, trying to control the need to touch him, for he was just two feet away from her, "If you think all of our classmates are stupid and you can't work with any of them, that's not my problem, Severus. I won't be working with you anymore, I don't want to work with you anymore," she emphasised the last sentence.

He looked into her eyes, sensing that what she was saying wasn't completely true, "Really?" he asked with a lopsided smile.

"Yes, really." Florence replied, feeling a little too hot under his gaze, fighting to control her trembling hands, "Have a nice day," she added, before leaving the common room, going to meet her Gryffindor friends.

______________________

As the weeks went by, Florence didn't even look at Severus any more. For some reason she ended up having to stop taking her Draught it was making her sick – for two days she took it and for two days she vomited.

There was probably something wrong with that batch. But, strangely, her body remained under control, and her veela wasn't singing every time she entered a room that Severus was in.