1983

6 months later

March 1983

Room of Requirement

Florence stood in the middle of a duelling area, looking at Severus, who was working on removing his cloak and waistcoat.

"Are you ready for this, husband? It's been years since we last duelled."

"Sure, I'll even let you start, love," he said, walking to the duelling area in his sleeveless white undershirt and black trousers. His strong arms and shoulders all on display.

"Now that's unfair," she said, eyeing him with desire, "You're distracting me."

Severus laughed, "And you're playing fair?" he pointed to her clothes, "What the fuck is that? Some tight shorts and a bra?"

She smirked, "Defeat me and you can touch it."

He smirked, "Oh, I'm touching it either way, love."

"Are you, now?" she asked, deliberately provoking him, "So confident. I like it."

She watched him stretch his shoulders and wanted to give up on that training and just fuck him.

Severus got into his preferred duelling position and she did the same.

"Your first stance is just like your father's," he commented.

Florence shrugged, "Well, he's the one who taught me," then she silently attacked: Everte statum!

Protego. He cast just as fast.

Aestus!

And Severus felt suddenly feverish, "Heat wave, Florence? What are you? Five?"

She glared at him and he felt his face being punched, "Now we're talking. What's that?"

"Collido!" Florence cast again, out loud this time, and he felt a punch on his stomach, "You think of where you want to hit and cast it."

"Like this?"

And Florence felt a punch on her shoulder. "Yes. Just like that. Stupefy!"

Which Severus absorbed with a flick of his wand, but was suddenly taken to his knees by an electric shockwave.

"Fuck!" he groaned, silently casting: Finite incantatem. But it didn't work.

Florence walked towards him, smirking, "When the will of the attacker is strong, that simple counter-spell won't work, Severus. You need something more specific. I cast Inpulsa. Do you how to stop it?"

"N-no," he replied between gritted teeth, his whole body being shocked non-stop.

"Say Intermitto."

"Intermitto," he repeated but the shockwave didn't stop.

"With intention, Severus!" she admonished him, "Use your inner strength!"

"Intermitto!" He repeated and the shocks finally stopped.

He stood up, gasping, "Is that how your father taught you? He'd cast something then tell you the counter-spell and let you struggle to find enough strength to make it stop?"

"Yes," Florence hesitated, realising what she had just done, "I'm sorry for doing that to you I... I hated when he did it to me."

"It's fine, love, I'm not ten." he rolled his shoulders, trying to relax his tense muscles, "This Intermitto works as counter for what kind of spells?"