Draco Breaks

March 1997

Hogwarts

Hospital wing

Florence was organising the storage room in the infirmary, after checking on Katie Bell – who had finally woken up and seemed to have no permanent damage at all except from having no recollection of the day she was cursed – when someone interrupted her quiet afternoon.

"Madam Delacour!" shouted Harry.

Florence walked out of the small storage room, ready to give the boy an earful for shouting in the infirmary – but forgetting all about it the moment she saw them: Slughorn carried an unconscious Ronald Weasley in his arms.

"Oh, no! Here, professor," she said, helping him lay the boy on a clean bed, "What happened to him?"

"Ron was poisoned," Harry said in a trembling voice, reaching out to her a bottle of aged mead.

"Poisoned?" she took the bottle from him, unstoppering it and sniffing it, "Baneberry," she whispered, quickly identifying what had poisoned Weasley and starting to work on the boy, checking his vital signs, "Thank goodness you gave him a bezoar, professor," she glanced at Slughorn, "The amount of poison I can still find in his system is truly worrying."

"It... it wasn't I who g-gave Wemby the b-bezoar," Slughorn stammered, visibly very shook by that, "It was Harry."

She looked at the boy with a frown, "You did it?"

"Yes. I remember Prof. Snape once talked about them," Harry lied.

"Sure," Florence replied, unconvinced, knowing he had certainly read about it on Severus' potions book. But she didn't say anything, she had a patient to look after.

So she went to the storage room, picked up some vials and returned to Ronald's side, opening one white vial right under the boy's nose and a white smoke entered his nostrils.

"Have you told Dumbledore, Prof. Slughorn?" Florence asked.

"Y-yes. I did. What is that you just gave him?"

"That's Dittany, but in aerosol form," she explained.

"It's used when one splinches," added Harry.

"Yes," she looked at him, trying not to laugh at the boy's uncharacteristic need to demonstrate his knowledge, "In aerosol form, I can use it to repair lung and heart tissue, without needing to open the patient up to drip it onto the wound. Severus and I developed it a couple of years ago."

"Yes!" Slughorn exclaimed, "I remember reading about it and thinking that it was a brilliant idea."

The sound of steps in the corridor had them looking at the door, seeing Ginny Weasley, followed by Hermione, walk into the hospital wing, Dumbledore and Severus right behind them.

Ginny stopped beside her brother's bed, asking Harry how he was.

"How is the boy, Madam Delacour?" the headmaster asked.

"He'll survive. Thanks to Harry giving him a bezoar just in time," she said, looking at her husband.

Thanks to my book. Severus said through their bond, clearly unimpressed.

"Quick thinking, Harry," said Dumbledore, with a smile, "You must be proud of your student, Horace."

"Oh. Yes, yes. I am," said the teacher.

"Harry's actions were no doubt heroic, but we must wonder why were they necessary," Florence said, glancing at her husband. Was it Draco?

Severus just nodded, discreetly, confirming it had been yet another failed attempt of Draco's to kill Dumbledore.