The History [Part 2]

(The picture above is Haruka's Brother (Kanou Shiki). Not Mine!)

Shiki's POV

A happy family. I wanted to experience that. For example, when I got back home, warm food will be waiting for me on the table. Mother will welcome me back. Father will be focused on his newspaper. My little would be playing around, and I'll be teasing her, resulting a chase. 

Even if it's just for another time, I want to experience it once again. 

But it's impossible since it has come to this.  

I stood in front of my parents grave, with a bouquet of flowers in my hand. This if what I get for what I did. I stare blankly at their gravestones as the sweet memories rewinds in my head.

"I'm so stupid."

Haruka's POV

The sound of the alarm clock woke me up from my deep slumber. I slowly rise from my bed, ruffling my messy dark hair. Blinking a few times while stretching my body that's sore. After a while, I glance at the window at my left. The sun is rising in the horizon, hinting that it's time for me to get out from bed. At the end of my sight, a picture of me and my family caught my attention.  It has been 4 years after that incident. I still remember what happened after that, our neighbors saw what happened and decided to call the police.

Both of us are saved and sent to the hospital. The wound I got at my stomach is gradually healing. It's not that deep, so I don't have to worry.   

When I woke up from a slight coma, I saw my not-so-good-in-condition brother sitting beside me. I thought he would be happy when he saw me woke up, but his face only showed sorrow. The smile I'm trying to put on my face dissolved from my mind.

He hold my hand. His head facing downwards. Before I can say anything, I felt a drop of tear on my hand. I'm dumbfounded. Did my brother just cried?

"I'm sorry to tell you this, Haruka. Our parents.......They died. They are butchered and burnt before we were attacked..." I could feel his hands shaking. He tried to smile but he can't. Something in his mind stopped him from giving me that usual bright smile. I pulled him towards me before wrapping my arms around him. He, too returns the hug.

Maybe that's the first time both of us hugged and cried for the whole day.

Now, I have to accept that I'm living in an orphanage. My brother lives here too, but right now he's currently working as a part-timer at a coffee shop nearby. He's a student in a nearby high school too.

I'm 10 years old by now. Still sitting on my bed remembering the painful truth. My mother, the beautiful woman I looked up for my whole life was dead. Kanou Yuki was her name. A very wonderful name. My father who is a caring father, lovable one and responsible,too, was dead. Kanou Hirijikawa was his name. Two very memorable names....just for me and for my brother.

"Get up you lazy cow! Here's your breakfast!" the care keeper tossed me a slice of bread and a box of milk. Then, she closed my door forcefully.