Sacrifices

Haruka's POV

"Are you sure about this, Haruka-san?!" Kotori shakes my body. I shook my head. "Yup, you can replace me as the assistant manager for the basketball team."

"But, why so sudden?" I know she is hiding her smile beside that worry. I met people like her many times. Yet, I couldn't bring myself to tell her the truth. "Family problems." I pushed her hand away from my shoulders before patting her head. She is shorter than me so I can pat her like a little child.

"I'm already sent my withdrawal form to the teacher. Make sure you take the chance to be the next assistant manager after that." I give her a thumbs up. She holds her head while looking up to me.

"Umm, Haruka-san, why does your face look so sad? Something happened?" She asked me back. I was taken aback for a moment but I regain my composure. I shake my head once again. "That's just your imagination, Kotori."

Both of us talked for a few minutes before she went off somewhere. I'm still on the rooftop, looking at the yellow sky. It's already the end of this day. I have made my first step to my new life. I already sent my withdrawal form to the teacher. I still have another copy of it though in my bag in case the teacher forget where she placed it.I don't know what will coach say if he knows about this.

Also, what will they react if they knew about this?

I look at the gym. The door is opened. That means someone is in there. I quickly grabbed my bag and run off to the gym to see whomever is in there. When I arrive at my destination, there's no one in there. The lights are still open though. Maybe someone forgot to switch it off.

I sigh before walking to the switch. I can't really rest last night because thinking about my future. I'm afraid if they got hurt. I'm afraid my plan won't work. I still have a little bit of energy inside of me. Securely stored in case some shit comes up.I don't know how I can be in the middle of the court. I let down my bag and look up.

Suddenly I heard someone approached me. I look back quickly to see the person. On the cue, my leg gave up on me and I ended up falling on my butt. My left leg accidentally kicked my bag, instantly spilling everything inside it.

I sighed once again. This what will happen if a dear active assassin don't get enough sleep for three days straight. While waiting for my legs to recover, I look up to see the person who just entered the gym.It's that blonde model. He was shocked to see me sitting in the middle of the court with papers, books and pencils all around me.

"Harukacchi? Why are you doing here? Besides, what's up with that getup?" He neared me.

I rolled my eyes, "Kise, you can help me tidy things up instead of commenting the obvious things. I fall down thanks to your jump scare. Now, let's start cleaning." I took nearby stationery that is around me. My feet is still recovering, I only can move my body and hand around. Well it looks awkward but Kise is too stupid to notice it.While picking up the papers, Kise stared into one before his eyes widen in shock. I got a bad feeling about this.

"Harukacchi! Why are you withdrawing from our club?" Kise showed me the paper and I steal it away from him forcefully. He appears to be shock but he didn't do anything. He is waiting for my answers.

"I...I have some family problems to settle." I stated that slowly. I pains in my chest that I have to lie to him. He is nice to me but I lied to him. Out of the sudden, my feet recovered and I quickly stood up.

"But..Harukacchi! The international championship is just around the corner! The team needs you!" Kise tried to convince me but I brushed it off. "Kise, I'm sorry. I want to be with the team but this time, I can't. I'm sorry." I manage to put on my poker face on. He seems irritated.

"Akashicchi won't accept this!" Kise insisted while fling his hands up high. My heart skip a beat when I heard his name once again. I know he will be angry. He will be furious. But that's just a matter of time. We will eventually make up one day.

"I know Kise but can you just respect my decision? I do this because I need too. It's okay. A new assistant manager who is more capable than me will take the job offer. I'll still be your supporter though. So, don't make a fuss about it." I lied at the last two sentence. I don't think I have time for that.

He look down. I bit my lip before turning towards the gym's entrance. "Just tell others that I won't be spending much time with them. I have some matter to take care off. Well then, good bye." I walk away from the gym with my bag that is already full with my school things.

I feel so bad leaving Kise like that. Is this the effect of being passionate towards your friend? Thank God Kise is understanding. If Akashi or even Satsuki who came in the gym instead of Kise, I think things will get worse. I better get home and have a shower. I have to clear my mind once and for all. Besides, tomorrow, I will be sent for a mission.

Satsuki's POV

I walked with others in the gym. We stopped in our tracks after noticing Kise in the middle of the court. He looks depressed. I look at Akashi but Akashi seems not to be noticing my look. He focused on Kise.

"Oii, Kise-chin. Why are you standing like that? Besides, where is Haruka-chin? Our practice will start soon." Murasakibara lazily pat his shoulder. Kise look up, revealing his sad face. He gave Murasakibara a sad smile. "Harukacchi has left us." 

All of us raised our brows in union. "What do you mean by that, nanodayo?" Midorima asked him. Kise flashed another sad smile before answering. "She has quieted the basketball team. I just knew it just now."

"Huh?" All of us said in union. What?