~Akashi & Hibari~

Akashi's POV

Cehh, she didn't come to school today. I tapped my fingers on my table while waiting for the teacher to come. She have been skipping school for two days straight. She didn't answer her phone too. It irks me so much. How can someone ignore me to such extent?

Why I'm acting like an attention seeker here?

That woman changed me this much,huh?

Should I pay her a visit again?

What I'm talking about?

After school, I went to the school's gym as always. The basketball tournament is just around the corner so we have to train more to be at the top. Besides tomorrow, there is a friendly match with another school.

Namimori Junior High, isn't it?

I opened up the gym's door. The whole team is already in the court, walking and laughing with each other. When I clapped my hands, they paid their attention towards me.

"We are going to have a friendly match with another school. Let's show them what we got." Everyone nodded in agreement. Suddenly, Momoi raised her hand.

"Umm, Akashi. Do you know where is Haruka? I haven't seen her for the past two days. Is it true she is having a cold?" Did they bought her lie?

I gave it a thinking for a moment. If I said she is sick, she would be trying to visit her. If I said she is okay, she would still visit her. Should I tell her a lie?

"Ahh, she is having a bad cold, so she's staying at her home right now. Besides, she told me not to visit her because she don't want any visitors around her when she is sick." Is it a good lie?

Momoi slowly retrieved down her hand with a sad expression. She nodded in return. I sighed before telling everyone to train. Tomorrow is a match. We have to get ready for that.

~Time Skip~ 

After I tied up my shoelaces and took my bag, I walked towards the school gate. I'm the last one to leave the school because of some work to do after school. Besides, I have to lock the gym's door too. It is supposed to be Haruka's job but since she is absent, I have to took over.

As I stepped outside the school gate, someone ran into me from the side. After I regain my consciousness, I look back to see the person. The person is hiding behind me, using me as a shield.