♚ National Championship (2) ♚

Kendo Club's Manager's POV

'Haruka's movement in kendo is like being shadowed by feathers. So beautiful and elegant. Soft and gentle but at the same time, it's deadly and dangerous'.

I could see her smirk, "Ahh, and I won't just be using kendo movements. You should know the consequences you are going to face." The moment Haruka said those challenging words, 3 captains charges towards her. I swear I see her eyes glinting again, it's like she's using her eyes to calculate her opponents movements. The first one swings his shinai to her head, fortunately Haruka uses fencing stance and style, making him lose his shinai and stumble back in that instant.

10 meters from her, the other captains clenched their fist before lunging towards her. Sensing their movements, Haruka step on the tip of the shinai that she just obtained, sending it to jump towards her. She grab the handle instantly. Now, she has two shinais.

The two captains surrounds her and began attacking. After dodging 5 attacks, like lightning, she ducks down and sweep their legs using one of her shinais. Both of the captains fall down.

Another two captains lunges themselves at her. She detects their movements and immediately cross both of her shinai. The two force hit each other. Haruka seems not bothered by the force at all, after whispering something, she pushes down both of the captains easily.

Some other captains tries to attack her but there's no escape. It's true that's she's not gentle anymore. My body jolt everytime a captain falls down. Ouch, that looks hurt. Suddenly, Haruka throws away both of her shinai that she stole and pick up hers that lying on the floor.

Wait, she already advances to the middle of the court? She makes other captains feel cornered and they begin to step back, little by little.

She eyes her original shinai, "This is better to kill."

My body shivers when my eyes are locked with hers. It's like she's going to kill me at the spot if I don't run away. Seriously, who is our captain? After a few moments, she disappears from people's sight again. I darted my eyes around the court, trying to search for her figure. All I can see is a moving shadow that moves fast like lighting. One by one, captain falls down on their butt. Some of them shows resistance when the unknown shadows clashes her sword with theirs, but they are easily overpowered by the shadow.

Now there's only 20 captains left.

Haruka stops being a shadow and begins to walk normally towards her opponents who are now quivering like a newborn giraffe. Some of them even intentionally stumble with their feet, saving their fate from clashing with this monster.

Each step she takes, one captain will surrender. Until there's only Teshio's captain standing. Haruka looks amused. She looks bored too. This is not the kouhai I know anymore. This is completely another person.

The Teshio's captain speaks, "Now, it's on-only the both of us standing. Should we have a game of kendo?"

Haruka is silent. She takes her stance and her opponent did the same. At the next moment, when her opponent's move to attack her, she twirls around before hitting the back of Teshio's captain with the hilt of her shinai. It sends the captain to stumble down, his head first.

He rolls around, while holding his forehead, he ask Haruka, "You cheate-"

Haruka cuts his sentence. "Ara, ara. You should remember again, mister. I never agreed to that condition you gave me." She raise her brow to the guy, a smirk dwindling at her lips.