♚Three Separate Wars♚

An insight of Vongola's rival:

Lontra Family is a underworld based mafia that operates through shady tradings and it governs the underworld . At the beginning of its establishment, there are only a few active members . As the family grows, it attains power and fame. Not from just the underworld but also the world above. The government kept an eye on their dealings unfortunately, the lontras are too grueling to handle. 

Lontra means otter in Italian. They take that name because of their rivalry with the clams, that is the Vongola. The otters operate in the dark while the clams operate in the light. The lontras view the vongolas as an obstacle to destroy yet the clams are just as powerful as them and they would have a difficult time suppressing their main enemy . Even with the threat of the other reigning family, the lontras kept on operating like a plague. 

 Vongola, who is the most influential mafiosofamily  that time has been planning to put a stop to the Lontra's dealings. It is during the 8th Boss time when Lontra's name buried in the history of the dark mafia times. 

Such a win for the Vongola, it is. Even so, they only chop off the tree but they never destroy the roots. Without knowing, the Lontras continues to build again, newer, sneakier, stronger, heartless. Now, the new members are seeking revenge against the mafia family who has once destroyed them. 

Vongola means clam. 

Lontra means otter. 

As you know, clams are sea otter's food. Sea otters open clams and other shellfish by banging them with a cobble/stone. And that would mean they will destroy Vongola, by eating up the next generation who are still new to this bloody world. 

Shiki's POV

It has been awhile since I spoke to Reborn alone. Both of us are facing each other at the table situated inside my reading room. My little sister is still away right now, it is the best place for us to speak without being eavesdrop by enemies. 

"Tsuna and Yamamoto are currently recovering at Sougo's hospital. Both of them are quite in a bad condition but they manage to make it." Reborn sits cross-legged in front of me, a cup of coffee placed not far from him. "Those two have encountered quite a troublesome enemy. The lontras." 

At the mention of the name, my eyebrow perks up, "Lontra? That underworld trading mafia? Don't they belong to the history?" Then I remember the things we talked about during our days as government dogs, "Ah, never mind. I grasp the picture now." 

The fedora infant sighs, "Looks like Kuro Hebi did a good job this time. They must have knew that I brought the Vongola along." 

I smile, "And with that, they ask the Lontra to counter the upcoming force of mafioso." I then lean back against the comfy chair I'm sitting on, "There is no avoiding the clash between the clams and the otters, hmm? Well, I guess those kids won't be enough to fight Vongola's long lost enemy. Any ideas, infant?" 

Reborn smirks at me, "Of course."