♚We Are On Our Own [2]♚

(A/N: This may be too sudden but for me I think the reader's relationship and Sougo is quite hard to understand and explain so I decided to explain it briefly here and the extra details will be in the future prequel. Sorry for the late update guys! I've been experiencing frequent author's block this year.)

Author's POV

"First of all, I will not question you about your choices. Second, since you wanted to become my apprentice, keep in mind that I'm not soft even if it is you. Third...." Sougou looks straight to you, "do you want to keep your hair short or long?"

You raise your brows as the tips of your fingers touch the end of your newly-styled hair, "For now, let it be short." One of the end of your lips twitch, "Also, short hair won't get in the way when I'm cutting people's stomach."

Sougo sighs, "No, you are not going there yet, (y/n)." He shakes his head, thinking how can it become like this. From an actress to a doctor, he wonders what went wrong. The reason for this girl to change so drastically because she wanted to help others out. Yes, others by the meaning of civilians, but that is just the surface of that word. Deep within, the once rising actress just wanted to be of use for the other three, that is Haruka, Akashi and Hibari.

Noticing the danger that those three main fighters may face, and the chances that Sougo might not be there to safe them, the idea of losing them, the thought of not being able to safe anyone ; it's the worst, feeling. Is it not? As people might say, it's not bad being an actress but what can the others benefit from that? If you become a doctor, then you can continue the legacy left by the previous generation.

"For now, just go back to your room. Recuperate and rest properly, understand?" Sougo worries if he will put too much pressure on you.

You just smile, "Crystal clear!"

As you close the door behind you, Sougo's eyes stops at a frame on his table. It is a picture of him and his family. The past family. His lips turns to a smile but then his expression is not a happy one. It is confusion and worry.

"If only you are here right now, my dear wife." His finger tips touch the picture of the woman who is sitting beside him in the picture, a bright smile on her face. His finger then stops at his children's face. Both of them have his eyes and his hair. Even so, their smile resembles their mother.

'If only I could turn back time.' He could only swallow those words back as it cannot be accomplished.

"It's not a good thing to dwell too much in the past, Sougo-sama." The voice comes from behind. It's Ono, and he is outside, wiping the window panes. He wears a cloth over his head and a frilly apron as an extra touch. He is leaning into the room through the window, appear like a daredevil for stepping on the ledge like there is no problem.

The blonde guy growls as he turns around, wearing his reading spectacles. "I already warned you, Ono."

Ono just smirks playfully at his master before standing straight up again, "I'm sorry for stepping across the line, master. Even so, it is better if you think about the present and the future."