Forced Decision

4 chapters in a row!!~  Enjoy~

Haruka's POV

"Haruka, you have to keep this in mind. From now on, you will be spending most of your time with us. For example, after school and weekends." Karasuma listed what should i remember. I cringed.

"What? Even the weekends? What should I do if I have an outing with my friends?" I insisted quickly. Karasuma glance at Federica. I could see the same sadness flashed in her eyes. What happened? Others seems to be understanding the moment. They stood up and walked out of the room. I stare at the three figures who just walk out of the room. Is this a private chat?

"Haruka, I think we need to talk." Federica told me to sit down. I followed her request. Is it story time? If so, let me grab my popcorn please and tissue in case this story is heart-breaking.

"I think you should forget about them." She look at me. I cocked my head to the side. Forget them? "What the hell are you talking about?" I asked her in a low tone voice.

"Do you remember when we met up two years before this?" She continued. It's like she don't hear what I just said to her.I shook my head. The memory is still fresh in my mind. I met her two years before this. I teamed up with her to save her friends who were kidnapped into a remote island. The mission was a success one. I sent the island 'kaboom' after saving them.

"Do you remember my friends?" She continued once again. I shook my head once again. "They died a week after you left."

I stood up. "Dead? W-What happened?" As I remembered all of their faces are gleeful when they met up with Federica. They are good in health and still sane! Who da fudge kill them? Federica's enemy?

"I was very popular in the mafia world. Being the heiress of my family makes it worst. My friends are always targeted. I have to save them every time. But after a week you left, I can't safe them anymore." She bit her lip.

"My father told me to leave my friends alone but I refuse, thinking that I can keep them safe every time but I never thought it would end that kind of way. So, do you want me to tell you the whole story or no?" She look at me. I shook my head. I don't want her to be depressed and sad. I'll just let my imagination do the work for the moment.

"So Haruka. I don't want yo to suffer like me in the past. That's why Karasuma told you to be far from your friends. It is to keep you and them safe from any harm." She continued while patting my shoulders.

"But, it's so lonely." The only sentence I manage to say. 

"I understand how you feel about it, Haruka. But which one is more important? Their safety or their lives?" Her voice is in a serious tone. I realized that this is not a thing that I can joke anymore. This is serious business just like how Reborn told me yesterday. I have to choose either safety or lives. It leaves me puzzled.