♚National Championship (1)♚

Haruka's POV

Sometimes I think like I don't want to give a damn about winning but this time, I do.

Just because of my brother. Damn him and everything about him. I took a deep breath and relax my mind. I should calm down. He's my brother and I should respect him. He's the one who's taking care of me after my parents death. I should not talk ill about him.

I strike my opponent two times as the competition starts. I win. Too easy for me. Now my team can advance to the final.

I could hear my other teammates cheer for me and the crowd applauding for my win. I bow down to my opponent before walking towards my teammates. There are five of them since we joined the team championship. The manager who's taking care of the kendo club greets me first, "Kanou-san, you make it looks easy to defeat that person. You're really a very skilled swordsman." 

I just smile at him, "I guess so, I guess not. Someone can be better than me as I speak. Expect the unexpected." Yes, I'm not that very skilled. My skills went cold for two years and for the past two months, I started to practice again like always. I'm aiming to win this competition and be crowned as the best swo-

No, no. I'm aiming to be better than yesterday. Ahh, also to kick my brother's ass. 

Oh,that's right. I forgot about you guys. Sorry, let me explain. After author-sama went for a vacation, I've been practicing kendo during that duration with my other teammates who were chosen for this competition by the coach. Now, we're at the venue and currently topping the ranks as I speak. About Akashi, I dont know about him. We never talked after what my brother did to us, sometimes we're just too busy running errands for the school and practice for the upcoming championship. 

The basketball and kendo championship was held at the same day and nearby to each other. I've been thinking that if I win the championship, I'm going to find Akashi. Hey, don't get me wrong. I'm just worried about him. Friendly worry I mean. 

 Now, I have to cheer for my teammate who's fighting against an opponent. This is our last fight, before the end. It's either our win or theirs. It depends on my senior who's focusing on his opponent.

"Wait, that's the school who's the champion for the past years, right?Teshio High School." Our manager asks our coach. Our coach just nod before squinting his eyes. "Yes, it  appears to be true." 

I raise a brow, I never knew about this. Err, I never asked, that's why I never know. I open my mouth, "Ehh, don't tell me our school never won this championship?" 

The coach eyes me for a moment, "Yes, we never won except for the past 4 years. It's because of the previous captains arrogance that earned us shame and pity. I still remember those days until now." He cupped his face with his hands and sighed.

The manager continues, "If your interested about it, let me tell you.3 years before this, the previous captain shouted to the crowd that he will win the competition but he didn't. The next year, the new captain did the same and lost to the opponent too. Last year, we didn't join because we're afraid the same thing will happen again."