♚Between consciousness and insanity♚

Author's POV

Ritsu suddenly stands up in the midst of the battle. She and Izumi were hiding nearby and plan not to reveal their hiding place towards their ex-family. Unfortunately, that plan is destined to not be a success when Ritsu keeps on having a second thought about her cousin's situation our there. 

"Ritsu! Stand down! It's not the right time!" Izumi tries to grab her by the sleeve but didn't manage to accomplish it. It only ends up with her being affected by after-shock and Ritsu running towards the only place where her cousin might be. 

Leaving the much older girl behind, Ritsu's face clearly explains her feeling. She feels sick, coming back to this place but she feels much sicker thinking about her cousin's fate who was left alone to rot here. It's good most of the guards and minions have been beaten up, it manages to give her the ability to skillfully make twists and turns around the rear courtyard. Her little legs manage to bring her to the center courtyard. 

Her steps falter for a moment, she hesitated a little before making her resolve. But when she makes the next step, she found her feet dangling above the ground and immediately sense a presence of someone behind her. 

"Not a good thing to do, kiddo." A familiar voice whispers into her ear. 

Ritsu turns around. Her eyes immediately meet with Haruka's eyes. Her body becomes still at that exact moment as memories flash past her memory box. 

Looking at the usual act Ritsu puts up, Haruka can only sigh silently. She guesses that the trauma still hasn't faded and will forever be embedded inside this little child's mind. Hearing a familiar set of footsteps nearing her, she skillfully turn and toss Ritsu towards the incoming figure.

Izumi who is worried about Ritsu found herself to be dumbfounded to have Ritsu flying towards her, with a tear-streaking face. She manages to catch the little girl before bringing her down to the ground. "You!" Izumi plans to complain but when she acknowledges the girl in front of her, that goal died down in seconds. She bows her head, feeling awkward, "A-at least worry about her s-safety." She whispers under her breath as her hand pats Ritsu's back, calming her down. 

Haruka didn't care about the duo. She changes the topic immediately, "Kuro's in there dealing with your cousin, Ritsu-chan. It's better if you sit outside, even better at a higher ground to see the show that shall commence in another 2 minutes." A suspicious grin appears on Haruka's face, highlighting her facial features. 

"What do you mean by 2 minutes?" Izumi asks. 

Haruka turns around, walking away from the duo, "Oh you will know when the time comes." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the room where it used to be glorious with the Black Snakes elites grouping up together to talk about business,  a lone person sits on a metal chair, his hair is a mess, his face all dirtied up with specks of blood and dirt, his hands and feet are chained to the cold metal and his mental deteriorating. Who else if it's Ritsu's cousin, Abyss?