Chapter 140:

"Your Highness, you don't know how worried I am when you won't wake up after three days and you are asking me this?!"

"What?! That long?! Is she okay?! Where is Ic--!!!"

"Your Highness, don't push yourself. Your wounds will open up if you move so suddenly. Sir Ice was with her according to his knight who accompanied him when he was looking for her and Icen. However, they are not here since Lady Saber seems to have taken some aphrodisiac when they found them and Ice took care of her and there is still no news about them going back to the inn,"

"...I see,"

Xerxes took a deep sigh as he looked away from Vin and lay down on the bed as he thought of what happened to them in the locked room. It had taken a week before they could get out, although, it only took hours in reality not actually days since he was also tracked how long they were inside of the room.

"Your Highness, please eat your food and the medicine. I will make sure to report it to you when I get some report from Kyle who is on his way to the inn to get them back,"

"...okay. I talk to you later. I will rest,"

Xerxes said as he ate his food while Vin just watched him that is not far away as he poured water into the glass and gave it to him when he was about to drink the medicine that he prepared.

"Please rest your Highness,"

"..."

Vin was surprised that Xerxes was obedient and that he didn't even quarrel or act like the usual where he glares at him if he sounded like he was commanding him but now he just lay down and closed his eyes. Vin just let him rest for today as he just woke up since he knew the Xerxes would not stay still if he reported all the things that happened while he was unconscious.

~~

"You arrived. Welcome, Sir Kyle,"

"Where are they?"

"They are still not coming here, Sir Kyle and Sir Ice commanded that we should wait for them here,"

"Tell me. where.are.they?"

Kyle said in a threatening voice tone as he looked at the knights in front of him. He just arrived at the place where Ice's knight gave them when they got back to the capital with Icen even though he also woke up five days ago. Kyle didn't go immediately since he couldn't move properly and Vin had to stop him from going back to find Allerie in his state so Kyle took two days before he could go to the place where Ice found them which is not far from the place where they fought.

"I'll tell you where it is, Sir Kyle,"

"You don't plan to disobey his Grace's com--"

"It's okay, Sir Kyle is Lady Saber's mate. He had a reason to go find his mate and don't worry I will take responsibility for this matter,"

One of Ice's knight said kaya napatingin sila dito na pababa ng hagdan na tila ba alam niyang agad na hahanapin niya si Allerie at siya lang din ang nakakaalam kung saan ito. Agad silang lumabas sa inn at sumakay sa kabayo kahit na hindi sumang- ayon ang kasamahan niya pero wala silang magagawa since he has higher rank from the squad and Kyle recognized him as he was a direct knight working for Ice that he saw once or twice at Ice's office since he didn't handle this guy. Kyle knew that Ice had some knights with him aside from the knights that he is commanding just like this one that he is following now.

"This is the way, Sir Kyle. Just go straight and you will see a house near the river since I can't go with you any further so I will go back to the Inn,"