Chapter 142:

"Fine, I'll stop, don't shout at me,"

Kyle answered as he moved away a little from her and crossed his arms and legs while looking out to the other side. Allerie tried to peek a little into Ice since they were in front of him and she was embarrassed looking at him while she was remembering their intimate scene. She didn't think that she would see Ice covering his half-face while blushing and his ears were red at the same time, making her look away. Allerie sighed and pretended to fall asleep throughout their travel but she fell asleep instead and Kyle let her lean on his shoulders until they arrived at the capital.

"You should meet the Prince since Vin told me to tell you that. You don't have to worry about her. I will take care of her, and we are staying at the west palace so you can come later,"

"Okay, I'll be back,"

"Take your time,"

"..."

Kyle gently carried Allerie in his arms while Ice just nodded as he walked to the main palace of Prince Xerxes to meet him. Vin greeted him at the entrance and immediately went to Prince Xerxes's office.

"Greetings, Your Highness. Sir Saber is here,"

Vin said as they entered the room, Prince Xerxes was looking at them from his table with his hands on his desk as he put down the document that he was reading.

"Greetings, Your Highness. I am back, and reporting that she is okay,"

"Welcome back, Sir Saber. You did a great job of bringing her back,"

"I just did what I should do as her mate, Your Highness,"

"I know so I expect that you will give me more details about her condition. I think it was similar to what we consumed from that 'incident',"

"Yes, Your Highness,"

"I know you had enough rest so get back to work,"

Prince Xerxes said as he went back to his work and Ice just nodded even though he was thinking of getting back to Allerie and rest. However, Vin guided Ice to the table on the side that had many piles of documents kaya napatingin siya kay Vin kung bakit madaming papeles ang nasa table niya kumapara sa table ni Prince Xerxes dahil doble ang dami ne'to kaysa sa kaniya.

"You were gone for a week so expect it to have this many and Kyle can't handle official documents besides the papers related to your estate. I already worked on the important papers that were due last week even though I do have work to do,"

Vin said to Ice as he put down a new pile of documents on his table na walang paglalagyan pero pinatong niya padin ito sa ibang papeles at ngumiti ito dahil mababawasan na ang kaniyang trabaho bago ito umupo sa kabilang table na katabi lang niya at medyo madami din ang mga papers sa kaniyang table. Vin was humming a little while doing his work but Ice can tell that he has dark circles under his eyes so he can tell that Vin didn't get sleep for a few days.

"..."

Ice sighed before he started to work on the papers and the same goes for Prince Xerxes and Vin but then after a couple of hours, Vin finished his work as he had already given it to Prince Xerxes.

"You should rest, Your Highness,"

Vin said after he stretched out after a couple of hours of working and went to Prince Xerxes' table. The Prince looked at his aide in front of his table and checked the time on the standing wall clock as he sighed before he answered him.

"It's already past midnight? I see. We should go and rest,"

"Yes, since you have a meeting at the Emperor's palace at 9:00 a.m.,"