Chapter 144:

"Thank you for your concern, Your Highness. I am fine, how about you?"

"Hm? Me? I am fine,"

"I am glad that you are also okay, Your Highness,"

"Are you worried about me?"

"Yes, Your Highness,"

"Really? But I was worried about you since you went through that,"

"Thank you for worrying for me, Your Highness. I am okay even though I was more worried about Icen who also went through that,"

Allerie answered as she smiled a little even though she could see that Icen had been acting the usual since then but her worries were still on, and she was also perturbed to the Crown Prince since he helped them and got hurt.

"I see. Let's just be glad that all of you are safe now,"

"Yes, Your Highness,"

After a few exchanges of words they went all inside and Allerie went to the children who were sleeping in one room when the Crown Prince came so they didn't come to greet the Crown Prince and Xerxes also told them that it was okay when they were about to wake them up earlier.

~~~

"So, where is the guy who kidnapped her?"

"He is in the basement, Your Highness but you don't need to go there,"

Prince Xerxes answered Crown Prince Levin while they were in the garden having tea while Ice was listening to them after Allerie and Kyle left them even though Crown Prince Levin invited her. Still, she politely declined his invitation and Kyle just followed her and left her when she told her that she would not be going anywhere while His Highness was there.

"I told you, Xerxes, I am also involved in this incident so I will help,"

"I know but yours was different since this guy was the only one who kidnapped her and even though he is somewhat related to your assassination, it is a different matter and I saw that they were also trying to kill him,"

"Hm,"

The Crown Prince just looked at Prince Xerxes as if he was acting odd to him and didn't want him to be involved in that matter which made him suspicious at the same time something was off as he smiled at him. Prince Xerxes and Ice flinch as they know that the Crown Prince caught something with their conversation kaya naman napatingin si Ice kay Xerxes at napatango nalang si Xerxes as cue for Ice to talk with him.

"Your Highness, I appreciate your help but I w--"

"It's okay, Sir Ice, I will not disturb your investigation with the kidnapper but let me join you with it. I will do nothing and just observe as I wait for the investigation done if he is part of my assassination or not since the guy we caught from that day also didn't talk much,"

"What?! You caught another one?! You didn't tell me that, Your Highness,"

"Well, I was investigating it on my own as it was odd that they knew that I was traveling when I made sure that no one knew where I went to, and you were so busy that you didn't think of visiting me or how I was,"

Crown Prince Levin said as he acted like he was hurt that Prince Xerxes didn't visit him when he was hurt and took a day to rest while Xerxes looked away and sipped into his tea while Ice was watching them as he didn't think that he will witness something unusual about them. 

"How about it Sir Ice? Would you agree with it?"

Ice looked at Crown Prince Levin as he was waiting for his answer while Xerxes looked at him as if he was saying to decline his offer.