Chapter 143:

"I see. If that case then I will try to talk to him since I left him to take care of Icen when I found them in the cave. He might tell us something more about the masked man,"

"Yes, try to talk to him. Also, the man behind that mask was injured so he will not move for a while the strange thing is that the First Prince was quiet after the kidnapping which is unusual when he was the one to take advantage to take the throne and kill the Crown Prince but then he is quiet,"

"... that is concerning when I thought he would take this moment to dethrone the Crown Prince while we were not around and we even all out at the capital since that day even His Highness the Crown Prince was not there,"

"Yes, that's why I am assuming that he is somewhat related to the kidnapping but at the same time, not,"

"Why do you think so, Your Highness?"

"Knowing him, he will woo a female without doing that since he will pursue them openly with or without her mates present so I am not sure but we will strictly watch him as he is staying at his palace and I just saw him twice after the kidnapping at the Emperor's palace,"

"Yes, he will do that but don't you also consider the heir of the Duke since he was interested in her and Kyle told me that he was also following them before,"

"Hm, I didn't consider that since he was quiet and made no move on her. However, I will also look into it while I'm at it,"

"Please do, Your Highness,"

"Of course, you can check on the guy later on. I have to go,"

"Take care, Your Highness,"

Prince Xerxes nodded as he stood up and walked through the door so Ice stood up and followed him outside to see him out. Vin was waiting outside and opened the door of the carriage as soon as he saw Prince Xerxes coming out of the house and Prince Xerxes immediately went inside as he departed as soon as possible. 

"Would you like to rest first or see the person, Sir Saber?"

"I would like to rest but let's go to see the person first,"

Ice answered and looked at Vin's face which look like he was pissed or something for answering him the answer was that he doesn't want to hear from him but he was smiling at him or likely with a forced smile on his face as he leads the way. Ice just followed Vin in front as they went to the basement even though he wanted to see Allerie as soon as possible, he thought that he should finish his work while he had already been working all day before having a good rest.

"We are here, Sir Saber. I will just wait for you here,"

Vin said after they stopped at the door as he opened the door for him. Ice nodded as he entered the room and saw the man whom he barely recognized as he didn't think that he looked like the man he met at the cave because of his appearance who had dark circles on his eyes while looking at the paper. He was sitting on the bed and didn't even look his way when he entered so he got what Prince Xerxes told him that they barely got information from him after giving the letter.

"I am sorry for barging in but don't you remember me, do you?"

Ice said when he approached him and went to face him as he sat down to the chair he got on the side to talk to him face to face. Kier looked at his face after a few minutes as he stared at Ice before looking back at the letter he was holding onto. Ice knew that it would be difficult to talk to him as Prince Xerxes mentioned that his mate was dead and many males went crazy or went out of control because they lost their mate.

"...I am the one you met at the cave. You saved my mate and child but you are the one who also kidnapped her. I would like to talk to you,"

"..."