136. Boss's boss

3700+ Words

3700+ Words.

Do hit the star ⭐ button. And add this novel to your library or reading list.

Please do leave a follow so you get notified about all the announcements or updates and leave your precious comment as you read the chapter. Your comments mean a lot to me.🥺 So don't be shy, just comment your thoughts. 💭

______________________________

Niskarsh deliberately came home late today. He thought that by now Sharanya would have slept after eating. But as soon as he stepped inside the penthouse, he saw Sharanya sitting there on the sofa. The TV was still on. Seeing her there, Niskarsh couldn't stop himself from smiling. He came and slowly sat next to her. Sharanya was sleeping unaware without any news. At this time, some strands of hair were falling on her face again and again. There was a different glow on her face in the dim lights. Niskarsh also rested his head on the same sofa, right in front of Sharanya. At this time he was staring at Sharanya's face. He felt like kissing those soft pink lips of Sharanya just this very moment. But, Sharanya was in a light sleep and as soon as he did this, she would wake up. That's why he kept his restless thoughts within himself. With light fingers, Niskarsh put the hair falling on Sharanya's face behind her ear and sighing softly, he said in his heart, "She is looking so lovely. I feel like just looking at her like this. Why is she so beautiful? Some day she will take my life, with this innocence and beauty of hers."

Saying this, he got up from the sofa. But due to his getting up movement, Sharanya woke up. As soon as she got up, she saw Niskarsh going towards the stairs. Getting up immediately, she called out to him, “Naksh, wait.”

On hearing Sharanya's voice, Niskarsh stopped near the stairs. Seeing him stopping, Sharanya immediately ran to him and holding his hand said, "Why are you coming so late? Where were you?"

Niskarsh came back into his character and released his hand and said, "Sharanya! I am very tired. Let's talk tomorrow."

And he started going upstairs. Sharanya was very hurt by his behaviour. Because today Niskarsh called her by her name. Which Sharanya did not like. But now she had to convince this Lucifer. So she also followed him into the room. She asked, "Dinner?"

Niskarsh said while taking off his shoes, "I have already had it outside."

Sharanya got very angry but she controlled her anger. Here, while waiting for him, she has not even had dinner yet. And this gentleman is coming from outside after having dinner. Niskarsh came to the cupboard and opened it to take out his clothes to change. And right there in front, he saw a small toy penguin with a note stuck on it. Sharanya's handwriting was on that note. Niskarsh smiled lightly. It was written on that note - "You are as cute as a penguin. Now forgive me. Please. Your Jaan is losing all her life, husband! I'm sorry na."

Niskarsh found that note very cute and so was the penguin. Here he had melted. So his little wife is really a child. But he liked Sharanya's idea. For the first time someone had brought a soft toy for him. In his childhood, he had a small teddy bear, which Archana ji gifted him on his birthday. But he himself doesn't know where it is now. After coming to Bedi Mansion, it seemed as if his life had completely changed. He seems to have forgotten what childhood is all about. He thought many times that he should bring some soft toy similar to that teddy bear, which might take him a little closer to Archana ji. But he never had the courage. But today Sharanya had brought this cute little penguin for him, which he liked very much. But Niskarsh touched that penguin once and then took his clothes and started going towards the washroom. Sharanya saw that Niskarsh did not react, so she immediately came between him and the washroom door. She said, "Naksh! I have been apologizing since morning. Why don't you agree? You have been throwing tantrums since morning. Are you the girl or me?"