35. Creative Problem Solving (CALM)

Ashton:
Too many people not enough car. Of course Ashton couldn't go for something practical when he decided to buy a new vehicle and chose a massive truck with only four seats. The math was simply not right for all five of you to be able to fit and make it to the movie on time. Normally one of the other boys would've driven and there wouldn't be a problem but they had carpooled over in Michael's car which was now completely out of gas with no time to spare to get more. The issue left the four of you standing in the driveway staring at the truck in distaste, only having a few precious minutes to figure out what to do.

"Somebody should just ride in the truck-bed," Michael broke the silence motioning towards the back of the truck.

"What if Ashton slams on the breaks?" Luke snorted turning towards his bandmate. This was the problem with Michael, just because his hair was bright didn't mean he was.

"They'll be fine, builds character," he scoffed waving off the hazard as if it was a scraped knee.

"You say 'they' and not 'I' implying it's fine as long as you don't have to do it," you replied raising an eyebrow.

"Haven't I been through enough?" Michael pouted looking over at Calum with doe eyes.

"Sorry Bambi but I'm not riding in the back of a truck, it's called common sense," Calum chuckled making Michael frown.

"Well then what?"

"Why don't we just wait until there's a more appropriate form of transportation?" You asked, Ashton nodding in agreement.

"NOOOOOO THIS IS THE LAST SHOWING OF DEADPOOL TODAY IF YOU DON'T WANNA GO THEN FINE BUT YOU BET THAT I'M GONNA BE THERE!" Michael exploded taking you aback.

"I want to go just as much as you, I just don't want to die doing it!" You yelled stepping closer to the offending redhead.

"STOP FIGHTING!" Ashton roared getting between the two of you, "WE'RE ALL GOING RIGHT NOW, WE JUST DON'T KNOW HOW YET!"

"Call an uber," Luke raised his hand like a student.

"Well then who rides in the uber and who rides in the truck?" Calum asked turning toward the blonde.

"Well-" but Michael interjected.

"No, we need to be there in five minutes and it's a ten minute drive, I say every man for himself," he grabbed Ashton's keys and made a run for it.

"NOT IN MY HOUSE!" Ashton went to run after him but Luke stuck out a foot that made the boy face plant straight into the concrete.

"Ow," Michael rubbed his face and shakily stood up, "I think I have a concussion."

"Everyone get in the truck we'll figure it out in there!" Ashton took back his keys and stomped over, you went around to the passengers side door, but was picked up and moved out of the way before you could climb in.

"HEY!" You whirled around to see Luke getting in your seat.

"Sorry Y/N but you're the smallest so it makes more sense if you ride in back," he said apologetically slamming the door in your face, and locking it.

Fuming, you stomped over to the back and shimmied in sitting on the ground between Michael and Calum's legs since there was no room on the seat. Crossing your arms your frowned deepened as the boys laughed at you.

"Y/N, you're going to have to use a seat-belt or I can't in good conscious drive this car," Ashton giggled. Looking up at Michael and Calum you weighed your options silently, who would you rather share a seat-belt with?