71. You're All Grown Up/Dropping You Off At College - Luke

Part 3/4

...
Requested by:
anonymous
...

I thought this was the last part but it's only the third?!

Luke:  
You were wrapping up a phone call with your mother on the eve of one of the most important days in your wedding planning. Tomorrow you were going to find the dress. Y/BFF/N, and maid of honor, had somehow managed to get you into one of the most exclusive bridal stores around, so that you could have the largest selection of dresses. You were insanely excited, and you had originally amassed a good portion of your female wedding party to with you to help. But then things took a nasty turn, also known as the flu. In the last four hours everyone, now including your mother, had called to tell you that they were bed-ridden and unable to attend. You had no idea what you were going to do, you didn't really want to cancel, but no one goes wedding dress shopping alone.

"Sorry sweetie," Liz wheezed, she coughed a little, and through the phone you could hear the sickness in her lungs. You shuffled through the various wedding magazines still open on your desk in your office. You had been looking through the different styles that you had wanted, but that all seemed out of reach now.

"It's okay Mum, you get better, I'll just cancel the-" you tried to reassure her that you wouldn't go wedding-dress shopping on your own, but she stopped you.

"No! That's one of the nicest boutiques, don't cancel because of me, just send me a picture," she interrupted.

You rubbed your face, "I don't want to go alone..." you trailed off.

You heard your mother chuckle, then groan, "sorry dear, these headaches are awful."

"It's okay Mum," you repeated again, "but I really think that it would be better for me to cancel over going alone." You flipped one of the glossy magazine pages and looked at the picture longingly. The model in the long white gown and veil, you hadn't even had the opportunity to try on a dress yet, and you wanted to so badly. You wanted to feel like a bride preparing for her big day instead of a strung out woman who was being pulled in a million directions over a stupid party.

"No," she reaffirmed, "I don't want you to go alone, I want you to take the only other four healthy people you know with you." She was obviously referring to your brother and his three best friends.

The problem of course was that they weren't known for having the greatest sense in women's fashion, except for maybe Ashton and his jeans, and you didn't want them to become bridezillas. Or worse, turn you into one.

"Hmmmm," you said sourly.

Liz must have sensed your distaste as she became rather firm, "call your brother, tell him that you're going tomorrow, if you don't I will. And I'll invite Jack, and Ben along as well,"

You shuddered at that threat, Luke had always been your most reasonable brother as the two of you were the closest in age. Ben and Jack would just be trying to drape you in a giant white sheet, you knew that.

"Fine," you gave in quickly. Liz knew you well, she knew how to get you to do the things she wanted without question, and luckily she was pretty much always right, so everything ran smoothly under her direction.

"Bye Y/N," she leaned away from the phone and you heard her cough again.

"Bye Mum, love you," you replied.