42. Overprotectiveness (CALM)

This was supposed to be a double update but I fell asleep while writing it 😑

Luke:
It was that time of year again, when school was back in session and everyone was super excited about school spirit. All of the students would pack in and cheer at even the most boring of games, making a scene and carrying on. So far you had managed to avoid all of the craziness, but the big back to school dance was coming up, something your friends wouldn't let you miss. It was a huge deal that everyone went ALL OUT on Saturday for the first dance of the year. You wouldn't mind going, but you didn't want to have to go to the dance alone, while all of your friends already had dates. The only person you really wanted to go with was already attending with someone else. Moping, you tried to wriggle your way out of going multiple times, but even Luke was set on having you attend.

"It's an important part of your High School experience Y/N," he chided, "this is the kind of stuff you have to look back at when your old."

You knew the only reason he was okay with the whole thing was BECAUSE you were dateless, since he had been rather reluctant before that particular detail was shared. Now you were poking at your lunch in the cafeteria, half-heartedly listening as your friends rattled on about their dresses.

"Y/N? You seem a bit off, are you alright?" Y/BFF/N asked, sounding concerned.

You flashed her an unconvincing smile, "just thinking about how much fun I'm going to be having as a wallflower tomorrow!" You said bitterly, viciously stabbing your apple.

"Chill, it'll all work out," she said, unfazed by your violent fruit murder.

"But I'll be the only one going alooooone," you whined, continuing to stab the poor apple.

"Maybe not, look over there," she whispered, gesturing to a table near the back of the room. Squinting, you were able to catch Y/Crush/N's eyes before he turned back to his table.

"So? Maybe he felt bad for the apple," you sighed, slamming your head on the table.

"STOP IT WITH THE APPLE, HE'S HEADED OVER!" She squealed, fixing your hair.

You brushed her off and rolled your eyes, "yea right."

"Hey Y/N," Y/C/N interrupted you. Your eyes widened and you turned around and pointed at yourself.

"Me?" You asked incredulously.

"Yea, you," he chuckled, "My date cancelled, and I was uh wondering if maybe you wanted to go to the dance with me tomorrow?"

Your mouth dropped open in shock? Was this real life? Your friends broke out into excited whispering as you cleared your throat.

"I would love to," you croaked out, painfully smiling.

"Great! I'll pick you up at five, what's your address?" You wrote down the number on a piece of paper for him, and waved goodbye as he returned to his friends. You spent the rest of the day in some love-drunk haze, practically floating all of the way home.

"Ahhhhhh," you sighed dreamily as you walked into the house, randomly dumping your backpack onto the floor.

"Whoa there Y/N, what's wrong with you?" Michael walked out from the kitchen, looking at you in shock.

"He asked me," you smiled dreamily, making Luke pop out of the woodwork.

"What now? Who asked you what?" He narrowed his eyes at you.

"Y/C/N asked me to the dance tomorrow," you giggled, walking past him.

"Awwwwwwe, young love," Ashton cooed.