61. You Have An Asthma/Anxiety Attack And The Other Boys Help You - Michael

Part 4/4

🎉DOUBLE UPDATE🎉
...
Requested by:
@drawphilnaked

*WARNINGS*
Mentions of:
• Claustrophobia
• Panic Attack
...

Just a reminder that the next chapter's topic was requested to be: "He Protects You And Your Best Friend"

Requests are open for Chapter 63 😀

Michael:
Tight spaces were not your thing at all. This feeling developed when you were five after being locked in a tiny dark cabinet while playing hide-and-go-seek. It was a traumatic experience that really did cause you problems as you got older. It gave you an aversion to small spaces.

You hated all kinds of tight spaces from just small rooms, to packed areas, airplanes, and most of all, elevators.

You hated elevators with a burning passion. They were tiny, they moved, they were often full of people, and they had no windows. Everything that made you feel claustrophobic wrapped up into one tiny hellish space.

Unfortunately there was no way you could go through life completely avoiding elevators. It wasn't realistic. So Michael and your therapist had been working with you on it.

Needless to say you still hated elevators, but you had gotten to the point where you could ride in one without panicking.

And it was a good thing too because it felt like your brother was always dragging places where you had to use an elevator to get to like the thirty-fourth floor.

It was one of those days. The entirety of 5SOS had been called to a management meeting in a super tall building and you had to go. Not because they had anything to say to you but because Michael didn't like leaving you home alone and there was nobody to stay with you.

So the two of you left the house and got into his car. You weren't a huge fan of cars, but you could in general stand to be in one for long periods of time. What you really didn't like was when cars drove through tunnels. Tunnels were a definite no, you were always scared they would collapse in on you.

But there were no tunnels on the drive there so you were fine. You sang along with Michael to the songs on the radio and rolled your window down to stick your arm out. The two of you goofed off all the way to the building. You knew to some degree Michael did it to distract you, and you were grateful.

Despite all that, you were always a little bit happier when you got out of the car. Just a quick little breath of relief. No matter how distracted you were you could always feel the anxiety of cars or elevators or any other space. It was just how things were at this point.

As the two of you made the long journey from the parking lot to the building you began to mentally prepare for the elevator ride. You knew that it sounded silly, but it really made you feel better when you accepted that it was coming and convinced yourself that you could do it.

When the two of you reached the doors you heard a shouting from behind you.

"LOOK WHO IT IS!" Calum yelled.

"I DO BELIEVE THAT THAT'S Y/N AND MICHAEL!" Luke laughed, playing along.

"HOW ARE OUR TWO FAVORITE CLIFFORDS TODAY?" Ashton added as they approached you.

"Fine," you replied, smiling a little.

"Fine? Not 'good'? Not 'insanely happy to see Calum'?" The raven haired boy teased you.

You snorted, "oh you got me. I'm insanely happy to see you Calum," your voice dropped with sarcasm.

"I know you are," he replied as if you had said it sincerely, and pulled you into a hug. You laughed and hugged him back.