71. You're All Grown Up/Dropping You Off At College - Ashton

Part 2/4

...
Requested by:
Anonymous
...

I'm super ticklish, it's a curse.

Ashton:  
"Ashton," you walked down from your bedroom to your brother's office, where he was 'working'.

"Y/N," he replied, teasing you. He was yet to pull off his headphones, or look away from his notebook where he was scribbling things down that you were yet to see.

"Stop ignoring me," you complained, walking over and leaning on his shoulder. Your brother grunted and shrugged you off. "Pleeeeeease?" You tried again, snuggling up close to him like you did when you were young, "pleeeeease Ashy?" You even referred back to your childhood nickname as you laid your head on his shoulder and wrapped your arms around his midsection.

"Hmmm," he was still concentrating on the paper, and not giving you the time of day.

"Ashtonnnnn," you ducked down so that you were directly in front of him, in between his arms and blocking his view of his notebook.

"You're annoying, do you know that?" He groaned as he was forced to stop writing.

"I know," you smiled, "but for the record, I wouldn't have to be if you were more observant of your surroundings."

He raised an eyebrow, "I saw you, I was just trying to work, maybe that's a foreign concept for you."

Your mouth dropped open and you frowned, "hmph, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed." You stood up, and tried to make your dramatic exit, but two hands clamped onto your sides and dragged you back.

"Fine, I'm sorry Y/N," Ashton said, now standing and hugging you closely to him.

"I accept your apology," you squirmed out of his hold.

The room was quiet for a few moments while you desperately tried to fix your hair that Ashton had messed up with your hug, and your brother stood there.

"So... did you need something?" He finally asked.

"Yes," you took in a deep breath, "Ashton can we please redo my room?" You froze and waited for his reaction.

Ashton just looked confused, "what's wrong with your room now?"

You had to refrain from saying something incredibly sassy at his dumb question. Your room had never been redone in the time you had been living with Ashton. So you were living in the bedroom of a three year old. Your walls were a soft pink and lavender, you had frilly drapes and flowery sheets. There was even a Disney Princess mural on one wall which had really been creeping you out lately. You didn't like all of the life-sized princesses watching you change or sleep. It was time for an update. You wanted your room to be appropriate for your age.

"It was made for little girls Ashton, I'm not little anymore," you sighed.

His eyebrows furrowed more, "but..."

"My room has princesses all over the walls, it's pink and purple and it's puking lace and flowers," you listed off what you didn't like to try and help him along.

"You used to love Disney Princesses," he said softly. He stared back down at his notebook as he processed your words.

"I know I did, but I'd rather have like posters and different colors and Star Wars, All Time Low, 5SOS, on my walls, I'm not five anymore," you explained.

"But-" he pouted.

You couldn't see the thought and memories racing through your older brother's mind. You couldn't see him thinking back to when you'd beg him to sit down and play dress up with you, when the two of you would cuddle up on the couch and be absorbed into Beauty and the Beast or Cinderella, or all the times he had tucked you under the very comforter you were looking to replace. You didn't notice him wondering where all the time had gone, and when you went from being his baby sister to his teenage sister, his rebellious grown sister who didn't like the same things as she used to. He looked up in your face and still saw that toothless grin, he saw you straightening your plastic tiara, and messily applying makeup to your face.