70. You Are Kidnapped - Ashton

Part 2/4

...
Requested by:
@HeyImEmily12

*WARNINGS*
Mentions of:
• Kidnapping
• Death
...

I feel like the first preference for every chapter is usually the best.

Ashton:
"Come on Y/N," Ashton groaned, "we've been here for an hour!"

"I can't just wear anything to the dance Ashton, it needs to be perfect," you shot him a glare, continuing to try on dresses.

The two of you were out shopping for the upcoming school dance. You needed a new semi-formal dress, and he needed to tag along and pay. There was an added pressure to this particular event as a rather cute individual had asked to go with you, and you wanted to impress them.

You held up a white sparking gown and draped it across your front. It was an undeniably attractive dress. Fitted through the waist, the top part was lacy and covered in sparkles that would make you shine under the lights of the gym. The bottom flowed out and down to your feet so that you could even wear comfortable shoes without people noticing. You smiled and turned side to side, looking at it in the mirror. It was worth at least trying it on.

"Y/N!" Ashton continued to whine outside the dressing rooms. He had been your runner for the last few hours, grabbing dresses in specific colors, styles, and sizes, bringing them to you and then taking them back when you inevitably rejected them. He was so frustrated that you were surprised he had lasted this long at all.

You quickly slid on the dress and zipped up the back as best as you could. You pursed your lips and looked in the mirror, again admiring your appearance. It looked good, really good, but was white too bridal?

You pulled open the curtain separating you from the rest of the store. Ashton looked up from where he was sitting on a stool. His head had been buried in his hands but when he got a glimpse of you his frustration turned to a kind of awe. You watched as the gears turned in his head, you of course couldn't know exactly what he was thinking but his expression made you think that he was shocked.

"Wow Y/N," he snapped out of it, "you look so... grown up."

You giggled and twirled, "so do you think Y/D/N will like it?" You bit down on your lip and then turned back around so that you could again check in the mirror.

"Oh my God," you heard your brother's voice crack, and through his reflection in the mirror you watched him fan himself with a Vanity Fair magazine while trying to blink back tears. "Sorry," he used his hands to wipe the moisture from his damp eyes, "it just feels like yesterday you cut yourself a new pair of sideways bangs."

You scoffed and frowned, turning back around and glaring at your brother. Of course he would take a touching moment and ruin it with bad childhood memories. "You're soooo funny Ashton," you said with an incredibly sarcastic tone.

"Hang on, I think I still have a copy of the picture Mum took on my phone," he grinned and leaned forward, reaching back with one hand to dig through his back pocket.

"I'm good," you stepped back into the dressing room and stripped off the dress. You pulled back on your jeans and 5sos shirt, putting your chosen dress back on the hanger.

When you stepped back out, Ashton all but shoved his phone in your face, "look at that face," he cooed. The face he was referring to was of course yours. You were crying in the picture as your favorite pair of red sparkly safety scissors had just been taken away. Your mother had snapped the candid photo just moments after the haircut had occurred so you could truly see how horrendous it was. In the background of the photo was your older brother with his signature smile on his face. Smug little turd.