74. You're A Badass But He's Overprotective AF - Ashton

Part 2/4

...
Requested by;
@SkySlays
...

I'm thinking of expanding my horizons in terms of the types of preferences I write 🤔

There are s o m a n y errors in this book

Ashton:   
You did what you wanted, where you wanted, and when you wanted. You simply didn't care about what other people thought, or wanted you to do. You were a very independent individual who firmly believed in relying on your own intuition over what other people said. It worked pretty well for you, but it really stressed poor Ashton out.

You were further egged on by a social media following you had amassed by videoing some of your escapades. Seeing what you did when you were out of the house only made Ashton want to let you out even less. You understood that he didn't like you possibly putting yourself in harms way, but it was always for activities you loved doing. You wouldn't let him keep you from doing them, even if it made him mad in the process.

Your next adventure would be all the more exciting. You had already planned it out, and you couldn't wait. You were going to go exploring in the big, old, abandoned warehouse at the edge of the town. The dilapidated building had been unused for longer than you had been alive. It was crumbling, and eerie, since it used to be a slaughterhouse way back when, people affectionately referred to it as, "The Butchery," now. There were all sorts of local legends and stories told about the place, and you really wanted to take a look for yourself.

And since you did what you wanted, you were going to. The first step was getting ready, that was basically waiting until it was dark and then changing into all-black clothes. You also made sure your phone was fully charged, and took out your little go-pro style camera. It had to be hidden in your underwear drawer so that Ashton didn't try to confiscate it. If there was one place in your room where your brother wouldn't look, that was it.

You were pretty much good to go after that, all you had to do was sneak out. Ashton knew that you snuck out constantly, he just couldn't figure out how. You slept in a room on the second level of the house, your room had two windows, both of which were a straight drop down onto the concrete patio. Not to mention they had screens that could only be taken out and put back in from the inside, but he constantly found you had left with the screens safely in place.

You weren't a magician, you actually just snuck out of the window of the spare room across the hall. That window opened up right next to a string branch of the tree right outside, and the screen for it had been broken a long time ago, but never had been replaced. You could just open up, jump out, and use your foot to close the window again. Then it was just a matter of climbing down the tree and making your way to your desired destination.

That's exactly what you did, carefully opening your door, and shutting it silently so that Ashton couldn't hear you. Then you tiptoed across the hall, avoiding the spaces on the floor that you knew squeaked.

Sucking in a breath, you slid the window open and shivered a little as the cool night air drifted inside. This was the hardest part. You hoisted yourself up, and onto the small window ledge. Taking a deep breath, you focused on the branch in front of you, and with a practiced leap, jumped onto it. You let out the breath you had been holding, and turned around. You reached out, and with the tip of your steel-toed boot, you pushed the window shut. It was smooth sailing from there. You could climb down that tree in your sleep.

When you got to the last solid brach from the ground, maybe six feet in the air, you let yourself hang, and then drop silently onto the lawn.

That's when things went awry. You expected to be able to walk through the back neighborhoods to your destination, keeping to the shadows and staying as close to the trees and parks as you could. But all of a sudden there was a bright light on your face.