65. You Surprise Him On Tour - Calum

Part 1/4

Cheesy Rice. Man do I hate that publish button

...
Requested by:
@HeyImEmily12

I would put your age about 16-17 for this one
...

There's about to be eight parts about tour in a row!

This was almost a Luke part because my mind is fried.

We. Are. Almost. To. 3k! I can't believe it! You guys are the best!

Calum:
Your brother was not coming home for his birthday. Why? Because he was on tour and didn't have the option.

He broke it to you over FaceTime, "Hi Calum!" You remember saying.

"What's up Y/N?" He asked, looking around nervously.

"Uh, nothing much, are you okay?" You asked, leaning forward to look at him carefully. You studied his face through the screen.

"Yeah it's just," his voice cracked and he swallowed, "I know I said that I would come home for a few days around my birthday..." you tuned out for a second, it was clear what was coming and you needed to prepare yourself. "...I really want to come home believe me, but there's a bunch of scheduling conflicts popping up and some dates have to be adjusted and-"

You held up your hand for him to stop, "I understand Calum, it's okay," you were hugely disappointed but, you understood. You couldn't blame Calum for this, it was out of his hands.

"I'm so sorry Y/N," he frowned, looking at you mournfully through the screen.

"I uh- me too Calum," you fidgeted as you felt yourself tear up, you didn't want him to see you cry and feel even more guilty.

"Y/N I-" he started to try and comfort you but it was no use.

"Actually I need to go Calum, homework," you lied, getting ready to end the call, "I'll talk to you soon."

"Bye Y/N," he waved as you hit the red button.

It wasn't fair, he worked so hard for so long and he couldn't even come home for a few days. Not even on his birthday. You began to cry, you poured out your anger, and sadness into the tears. You just- you missed him so much and this was a huge letdown as you had been looking forward to it.

Everyone knew you were looking forward to seeing Calum. Your parents and sister, your friends, even a bunch of kids at school you didn't otherwise know. That's how much you talked about it. Now it's all gone.

You laid back and blankly stared at the ceiling. This was going to be a long night, you were too upset to sleep.

Maybe three hours later your phone rang. When you flipped over you realized it had only been half an hour and that staring up into the abyss really didn't pass the time. You glanced down to see that it was Ashton calling you.

"Hello?" You croaked, voice hoarse.

"Y/N? Is that you?" Ashton whispered excitedly on the other line.