68. You Get A Detention - Michael

Part 4/4

...
Requested by:
@HeyImEmily12
...

100k celebration is going to be the upcoming chapter! Right now it's set to be about 10 parts with 10 requested band members. (Right now that includes 4/5 of the original 1D) It's my treat for y'all being so amaziiiiing

(I now have the complete list of upcoming requested chapter topics in my 'Everything I'm Working On Book' because it's too long to put anywhere else 😂)

Michael:
You were being rather irrational. And you really hoped that it was because of hormones. Yeah it was kind of weird. I mean who wants to be all hormonal and gross?

It was actually a rather easy answer, people who were really scared they were pregnant. You were fairly sure you were carrying the next baby Jesus. You were a week late on your cycle with no signs of bleeding and it was beginning to wear on your nerves. You were having an internal crisis about your impending future parenthood. Should you tell Michael? Could you tell Michael? You weren't sure how you'd even start that conversation.

Oh well, all you could do at the moment was try to refocus in on the grammar test you were supposed to be taking instead of daydreaming.

Okay, identify the independent clauses in the following compound-complex sentences. Boooooring. You glanced through them and circled the parts of the sentences that looked very independent to you. Were those actually independent clauses? Who knows.

Next was commas, oh joy. You tried to start putting commas in their appropriate places when something, or more specifically someone, started to bother you. There was a very soft humming coming from the boy in front of you. What was his name again? Jack? No, that was his friend... Zack! Yeah it was Zack.

Anyway, he was being quiet enough that it really couldn't disturb anyone but you. You figured that he wasn't doing it on purpose but it was still really annoying. He wasn't even humming something normal. It was like the bassline of some song that you could only vaguely recognize.

Nope, you weren't about to get even more distracted, you only had five minutes left to label your commas. So you kicked the back of his chair until he stopped. Then when you could finally focus you went into the zone for the remainder of your testing period. You finished it and went to get up out of your chair.

That's when the floodgates opened. Standing up was apparently not a good idea as it became very clear that you were not pregnant. You held in a shriek at the feeling. You didn't want to bleed through your clothes at school. Again.

Due to the fact that you weren't expecting to start your period in the middle of and English grammar test, you kind of froze while standing. The rest of class looked at you strangely as the bell rang and you snapped out of it.

You didn't care though, you just really needed to go to the bathroom. There was another problem though. You had health next hour, which was on the other side of the building. You usually only just got there on time without a bathroom break.

As if that wasn't bad enough, your crotchety old health teacher didn't believe in bathroom breaks. So you basically had no choice but to show up late and take the inevitable detention.

There wasn't anything you could do about it since you had to practice bodily hygiene. So instead of heading to your health class you went to the bathroom. You cleaned yourself up and used the necessary products. You moved as fast as possible but you were only halfway to class when the bell rang.