77. Something Happens To You And He Gets Called Back From Tour - Calum

Part 1/4

...
Requested by:
@alibrooke28

*WARNINGS*
Mentions of:
Being hit by a car
...

So I condensed the title, but the whole request was essentially, something dark/bad happens to you so your parents/sibling calls him and he has to come home from tour.

13 chapters left :)

Thank you Doodle5sos for the book cover!

Calum:
Bad things happen to good people. It's the inherent unfairness of life. No matter how good of a person you are you can't get out of it. When if you're kind, happy, and nice to others, even if you don't break any laws or rules and are beloved by everyone cruddy things happen.

Cruddy things like being hit by a car that proceeded to drive away and leave you laying in the middle of the crosswalk, bloodied and bruised.

However, even though bad things happen to good people, others that they have touched are always more than willing to step in and help. You were lucky enough that someone stopped to help you, no saying what would've happened if they hadn't...

...

"BYE MUM! I'M GOING OUT FOR A RUN!" You yelled as you ran down the stairs to the front door. You had been so strung out lately and you needed to blow of some steam. So you actually finished your homework early and then pulled out your running gear.

"BE HOME FOR DINNER!" Joy yelled back. You grinned and pulled the door open, stepping out onto the porch and jogging a little in place to get your blood pumping.

"I WILL!" You replied, happily shutting the door and running off the porch. There was something about running that was so freeing, you loved it. The air caressing your face as you cut through it, the gentle sway of your ponytail, and of course your running playlist that you matched to the pace of your jog.

It wasn't a particularly late or dark afternoon, the sun was still up high enough that you'd be home before it went down, so you weren't particularly concerned with lights or reflectors, it was just a simple jog.

Or so you planned.

It started out easy enough, you ran through the Sounds Good Feels Good album, internally singing along to some of your favorite songs while externally panting like a dog. Wow did you need to get out and run more often. But despite the uncomfortable breathing, and pain in your legs and feet, you were on a runners high, loving the exercise.

That's when you looped back through the neighborhood to get home. It was a shortcut since you had been going so long you'd be late if you didn't move quickly.

Your little shortcut required you to cross a few streets, which normally wouldn't be a problem. There were crosswalks everywhere and you were diligent about looking both ways. Plus you were cutting through the suburbs, hardly a busy road.

Of the three streets you had to cross the first two went smoothly. You were able to just quickly check that no cars were coming and then sprint across. The third seemed to be the same when you jogged up to it. The only difference was the sharp curve in the road off to your left. You couldn't see very far in that general direction, so you tried to move quickly, but it was a wide road, and not two steps in, you could hear a car quickly turning the corner. It was a deer in the headlights moment. You froze up, it was too much for you to process in the moment.