88. He Takes You To Prom - Luke

Part 3/4

...
Requested by:
@robertssaverielle
...

Heyo! So I have a question for y'all- if I were to release a book of 5sos shorts of ONLY requests. (And I mean shorts like 500 words.) Would y'all be interested? They wouldn't be full chapters, only for one boy. I suppose I could even do one book for each boy, but I can write a 500 word oneshot in like 20 minutes no biggie and y'all keep on requesting things and I feel bad I ran out of space in my normal books! 😭😭😭

This is part 195/200 - that's 97.5% whoop whoop

Luke:
"Hiya Lukey-Pookie!" You giggled, sitting down on the couch next to him.

"'Sup Y/N?" He peeled his eyes from the television screen so you could have his full attention.

"Oh, I was just talking to Y/BFF/N about prom. It's coming up!" You chirped happily.

"Prom..." he said wistfully. You watched as his eyes clouded over and a look of longing flashed across his face before he snapped himself out of it, "sounds like fun."

"Yeah it will be," you smiled softly.

The conversation fell into a natural lull while Luke started to flick through channels and you sank into the couch a little more while thinking. Why had he zoned out when you mentioned prom?

That's when you remembered. Luke never went to his prom. He had already been out living the dream, he had to sacrifice his normal teenage life to the band.

Well it certainly seemed to you that he wanted to experience prom, and you didn't have a date.

Grinning you stood up and went to go raid the craft supplies stashed away in your room.

"Where are you going?" Luke looked up when he felt the couch move as you stood.

"Homework," you said apologetically.

"Oh okay, have fun," he said absentmindedly as his favorite show came on.

You snorted and walked off.

...

Two hours later, your masterpiece was complete. A big poster board covered in glitter and a cheesy way to ask Luke to prom. You grinned as you grabbed it and ran down the stairs.

This time, both Luke and Calum were lounging in the living room. You cleared your throat to get their attention and then held up your sign.

Both boys quickly read it as you began to speak, "Luke, I hope that I'm not trying too hard, but I want to fulfill your teenage dream and bring you to prom. Please don't make me a reject, and say no, otherwise I would be wasting the night!" You grinned. It had taken you far too long to come up with that.

Calum put his phone down to give you a slow clap, "amazing Y/N," he complimented you.

Luke's jaw dropped and his cheeks turned a pale pink while he reread the sign over and over. You giggled as his bewilderment slowly turned into a huge smile, "are you really taking me to your prom?" His voice was barely louder than a whisper like he didn't believe what was going on.

"Yes you dork. Are you going to come with me?" You teased him, putting down the sign so you could walk over.

"Yes! I'd love to!" He surged up from the couch to engulf you in a tight hug.

"Awwww," Calum snapped a picture from the other couch, "I'm putting this cute shit on Twitter!"

...