85. You're A Competitive Robotics Nerd - Ashton

Part 2/4

...
Requested by:
@-x-hunter-x-
...

MICHAEL STALKER PART 2 IS UP

Thanks for 11k 💕

I was thinking of doing a Q&A if anyone's interested 🤷🏼‍♀️

Ashton:
This was it. Everything you and your team had been working on for a whole year was all coming down to today. You had meticulously planned and assembled your robot, which had been affectionately named Obliterator.

It was a large and heavily armored octagon that had a huge, rotating club that spun thousands of times a second. It was pretty intense, and it had worked out very well for your team thus far.

You were in the finals, and it was Obliterator against the only robot you had ever lost to, Ignition. Ignition was essentially a giant flamethrower that tried to bake the opposing robot while simultaneously beating them with a massive hammer. It was heavy and also very well armored. The only ever time your robot had gone against it had been a complete failure.

...

"We can do this!" Josh, one of your fellow Obliterators cheered while your robot was wheeled down into the pits.

"Now remember, they're big and heavy, so we can't just run at them, try to aim for the back, that's the weakest point," Tyler patted his friend on the back.

"I just hope they don't fry us," you grimaced, watching the other side preform some basic tests. They were running through all of the buttons to make sure their robot was running well, which included releasing a giant ball of flames.

"Wow," Alex whistled lowly, "that's... a lot of fire."

"Yeah," you shook your head grimly, "it is."

"Cheer up guys," Josh cracked his neck and drove the robot inside the arena, "I totally got this."

Tyler took a few steps back to where you and Alex were standing and mumbled, "he so doesn't have this."

You didn't get a chance to respond before the regular lights were turned down and the blue lights signaling your side of the battle were turned on.

"RED TEAM ARE YOU READY?" The crowd roared as they hit the big red button on their side to signal that they were indeed prepared.

"BLUE TEAM ARE YOU READY?" The announcer asked. Josh reached over and slammed down the button, letting out a war cry. The crowd screamed even louder and you all clapped.

"3... 2... 1... GO!" The countdown finished and both robots separated. Josh hit the button that activated the motors that spun your robot's blade. The other team circled back as the blade began to whir and became a dangerous weapon.

The three of you stepped up to surround Josh while he maneuvered. Ignition was starting to inch closer, it's giant hammer was pulled back and ready to strike. Theoretically, thanks to the armor on your robot, it shouldn't do much damage, but you'd prefer if it didn't land a direct hit nevertheless. Better safe than sorry.

The front of the opposing robot had been retrofitted with a big, armored, metal wedge. Essentially if you tried to hit it you would bounce off and the internal systems would remain intact. On the back however, there was only the standard body armor that Josh had a shot at damaging.

"Circle around," you whispered as he quickly dodged the giant hammer.

"I'm trying to do a lot right now, rest assured that getting the back is on the list," he hissed, again having to dodge as the other robot let out a fireball.