74. You're A Badass But He's Overprotective AF - Luke

Part 3/4

...
Requested by:
@SkySlays
...

G R E E N

Luke:
Sometimes, you just didn't feel like going to school. Was it a good thing? Probably not. Did you care? Not a bit.

You just sometimes needed a mental health day, you could get so stressed from the constant hustle and bustle, the same old routine. Every now and then you just needed a break. Luke of course didn't like it when you just didn't go to school, but you didn't worry about that either. It would defeat the purpose of a mental health day if you spent it worrying about what Luke would do after.

You thought that he was mostly freaking out over nothing anyway, you didn't miss any really important days. You were always careful of not missing things that you couldn't make up, you wouldn't skip to avoid tests, usually it'd be the day after that you'd go AWOL, so that you could decompress after all of the stress.

Luke didn't see it that way of course, he'd just freak out when he got the call that you were gone, and usually unsuccessfully try to find you. You'd lay low for the day, and then once school was out, let him go and figure out where you had been playing hooky at.

And after your giant history test, you needed a break. You had been cramming for a solid week beforehand, you needed to raise the grade in that class. So when you inevitably aced the test, you and Y/BFF/N skipped the next day of school in celebration. You deserved it after all.

Your plans went something like this, since Luke insisted on dropping you off each day, the two of you would meet on school grounds, and then leave as soon as the coast was clear. It went off without a hitch, at seven thirty-five exactly, you were walking into the bathroom.

"Hey Y/NNNNN," Y/BFF/N said as she walked in right after, "you ready for a day off?"

"Hell yes," you grinned, checking your hair in the mirror absentmindedly, "I need to relax."

Your best friend smiled, and then looked up, when she saw your reflection in the mirror, she recoiled, and looked horrified.

"What?" You said self-consciously, "Is there something on my face?"

"No it's just that," she walked forward and looked at turned you around by the shoulders. You watched as she carefully studied your face. "It's worse than I thought," she murmured.

"What?!" You complained, actually rather worried that there was something very wrong with you.

"Your face?! Has it always looked like that?!" She broke into a grin and you scoffed.

"You suck," you complained.

"Then stop staring at yourself and let's get out of here," she laughed, grabbing your hand and pulling you out of the bathroom.

The two of you straightened yourself out, and blended into the crowd. Luckily, since other kids were still walking into the building, the two of you were able to just slip out unnoticed and out to Y/BFF/N's car.

"PEACE OUT SUCKERSSSS!" You screamed out the passengers window as Y/BFF/N put the car into gear and pulled out of the parking lot.

"Don't get us caught before we can leave," she chuckled, using her drivers side controls to put your window up.

"Hey! Don't silence me!" You complained as you were forced to take your head out of the window or get crushed.