69. You Have a Boyfriend In Another Band - Michael

Part 4/11

Gahhh this took forever to write

...
Requested by:
@HeyImEmily12
...

• Calum - Michael ✔️
• Harry Styles - Michael
• Jay McGuiness - Michael

Okay so I'm either going to go one of two ways but one is pretty depressing so... ALTERNATE ENDING (storyline?) TIME

For the record I still think this is cheating but whatever

Michael:
It was insanely hard to make sure that Michael didn't catch wind of your relationship with Calum. He was actually pretty protective over you and had a strict "you can only be friends with my friends," rule. That meant that the deck was already stacked against you and Calum's relationship. If Michael didn't approve he would do everything in his power to keep the two of you apart, and you knew that Calum would do everything he could do to keep the two of you together. That would create a giant and unnecessary feud which couldn't be good for their friendships or the band. You didn't want to force anyone to fight or choose sides, so you and Calum mutually agreed to keep your relationship a secret.

Was it a good long term solution? No. Was it healthy to hide such a large aspect of your life from your brother? No. Was it good for you and Calum to not be able to be seen together at all in all public and most private places? No. But neither of you thought that it would be. You were both just willing to take the risk. Your friendship had been on the brink of something more for a long time before either of you admitted you wanted to be together. At least to each other, Luke got an earful.

...

"Ugh, I just... he's so cute!" You ranted, almost angry at your affection for your brother's friend.

"Mhmmmm," Luke agreed, sounding rather bored. You couldn't blame him. It was the fifth time in five days that you had called to rant about how hot Calum was.

"It's so bad too, like whenever I'm talking to him I can't help but watch as his jaw flexes and his lips move," you admitted, shaking your head at your own lack of self-control.

"Well then why don't you tell him? Maybe he likes you too?" Luke tried not to sound too dry, but really. He could only take so much.

"Are you joking?" You chuckled, "Michael would probably give himself an ulcer! And there's no way that Calum likes me back. He's out of my league."

"Well I have a feeling that-" Luke was cut off by a noise from your side of the conversation.

"Y/NNNN MICHAEL WANTS TO SKYPE YOU!" Your mother's voice yelled from somewhere on the floor below you.

"COMING!" You screamed back, "gotta go Like, thanks for listening, bye!"

...

"Hmph," the blonde started at your contact and rolled his eyes. You could be such a wimp when it came to people you liked.

But before he could do anything else, another phone call illuminated his screen.

It was Calum. He sighed and accepted the call, "yes?"