66. You Get Suspended/Expelled - Luke

Part 3/4

This is the 100th part of this book! Wow!

...
Requested by:
@HeyImEmily12

I would say maybe a Sophomore or Junior so like 16ish
...

I keep on forgetting to put the ages on these, I know that I promised to! 😬 Sorry!

Luke:
You didn't mind school so much as the rules that went along with school. You had a temper, you weren't the kind of person who enjoyed, or realistically, could stand to sit down and be quiet for fifty five minutes of every hour. You were athletic and tough, you had energy to burn and you were just very passionate on and off the field. It was a good thing to be angry when playing, say basketball, since it pushed you. However getting all riled up in math class because a kid looked at you funny was not appropriate. You recognized this but you also couldn't help it. You didn't have the ability to compartmentalize your emotions well enough.

As if the administration was trying to get you in trouble, a new rule was put into place just as the year was beginning to get stressful. There would be a zero-tolerance policy on fighting. Any student that caused a fight, or participated in one beyond self-defense, would be suspended indefinitely on the spot. They didn't say the word 'expelled', but it was definitely the implication.

Great. You hadn't technically gotten into a fight yet, but you had been unbelievably close. Luckily for you, your friends knew you well, more than well enough to pull you away from a bad situation. You shared a schedule with your best friend and he had pulled you away from more aggressive situations than you could count. You began to self-regulate, and pull away when you felt yourself getting worked up, but old habits die hard and your progress was painfully slow.

It happened maybe once every few weeks, which isn't super often, but in terms of an entire school year they added up. There was one particular kid that knew how to push your buttons. Y/E/N sat directly across from you in Spanish class and just couldn't keep his opinions to himself. Your Spanish teacher, Sra. Y/S/T/N, didn't really care too much either way. She let you glare and silently threaten him, while also letting him tease you. That was probably not a good idea. Luckily Y/BFF/N sat right next to you.

"Y/N is so rude," one of the super snobby kids said on the other side of the room whispered loudly.

You took in a deep breath, in and out. He was trying to get a rise out of you, you knew that much.

"Ignore them Y/N, they're all idiots who aren't even passing this class because they're whispering instead of PAYING ATTENTION," he said the last part loudly. So loud that even the teacher raised an eyebrow, but like you said, she was pretty laid back and wouldn't step in unless she absolutely had to.

"Oh yeah? I know Spanish," he cleared his throat, "¿Dónde está la biblioteca?"

"We learned that two years ago," your friend was rather unimpressed. He rolled his eyes and looked back at you with complete and utter exasperation.

You held in laughter and tried to go back to your worksheet.

Snobby guy wasn't having it, "her little friend is dumb too. God the two of them are so irritating, they think there soooo cool sitting over there. Well guess what, the only people that like you two are each other," he sneered, leaning back in his chair like he owned the place.

You gripped the sides of your desk. You knew that what he was saying wasn't true, but that didn't make you any less mad.

"Don't worry about him," Y/BF/N reminded you gently, "last time I checked we had better friends than his goons and he's grappling at straws."