66. You Get Suspended/Expelled - Calum

Part 1/4

...
Requested by:
@HeyImEmily12
(I'm beginning to sense a pattern)
...

Finals. Finals. Finals.

Calum:
You and Calum had quite a lot in similar. At least when it came to things you didn't like; bad music and school. You hated school. You loved your friends and occasionally some particularly interesting tidbit you learned. But the constant testing, homework, and pressure was not at all pleasant. You had reached the point where you did pretty much anything and everything to get out of school.

You would walk outside in shorts and a t-shirt when it was cold to try and get sick. You would turn off all of the alarms in the house or change the clocks. Sometimes you'd use a hairdryer on your forehead to fake a fever. Once you even blatantly refused to get up. Calum didn't appreciate that and you ended up at school in your pajamas. But most of the time you just skipped.

Yes, you just wouldn't go to class. Sometimes when Calum dropped you off at the bus stop and then headed to the studio for the day you'd just turn around and go home. It wasn't hard really, you just had to sign yourself out as sick on the online form your school conducted. Then when they called home to confirm nobody was ever there to here it and you just deleted the messages when you got back.

It didn't help that a lot of your friends were in pretty much the same boat as you. You all skipped together. Which was bad because it was so much easier to give into the temptation when everyone was doing it.

Despite all of this you still didn't want to be a complete failure, you really didn't skip all that often (mostly because your schools zero tolerance policy) and you tried to maintain decent grades. Or at least ones that Calum couldn't be too mad at.

You knew that you were approaching your maximum amount of absences before you would be eligible for your grades to be reduced and a parent (or guardian) meeting. You didn't want that. You figured that Calum more or less knew what you did, but turned a blind eye. But that blind eye would would not continue if you started failing. So you tried to stop skipping.

Ironically that's what got you caught.

It started in your group chat with your friends. They either hadn't yet reached their max or didn't care as they were planning a day out. A day you would have to skip in order to attend.

Y/F/N:
Hey Y/N! Are you coming? We're headed out to the lake for a party

Y/N:
I'm really not sure I can, Calum will kill me if I go over my limit.

Y/F/N: Awe! Come on, just for a couple hours?

You sighed. So far you had mostly skipped your afternoon classes. You just walked right out of the building after lunch and didn't return. Theoretically as long as you came back for those you could skip all morning and still be fine.

Y/N:
I could only go in the morning 😕

Y/BFF/N:
All maxed out on your afternoon classes?

Y/N:
Yeah I've been gone for nine days each, one more and Calum has to come in.

Y/F/N:
Calum seems cool, would he even care?

You nearly laughed. Would Calum care? Can he play bass? Yes. Yes Calum would care a whole lot in fact. He didn't want you following in his footsteps and for good reason. You didn't have a career in Soccer or music to fall back on if you dropped out. You'd be living in his basement and he probably wanted to avoid that at all costs.