82. You Get Into A Fight At School - Calum

Part 1/4

...
Requested by:
@AshleyKeel3
...

I'm so lazy it isn't even funnnnnny

Calum:  
You were not known for having a patient and calm personality. Quite the opposite in fact, you had the tendency to ride the waves of your own emotions which often got you in trouble as you were a very hot-headed and passionate individual. If someone called you out for having a pimple, you didn't have a little voice in the back of your head going, "now wait a minute Y/N, maybe telling them that their face used to be so oily it could be mistaken for a cheap pizza." You just called them a cheap pizza, and then promptly got into trouble for it.

Your counselor said that your prefrontal cortex that gave you the ability to make decisions not based on emotion was underdeveloped and that it wasn't completely your fault. Your Mum just told you to cut it out, and Calum would do his very best to scold you and not praise your Hood sassiness. He often let a proud smile slip though, and you knew that he didn't really mind when you talked back to your peers who really did have it coming.

Well your little verbal confrontations were about to get you into much bigger trouble. One that you couldn't talk your way out of. It started when you saw one of the other kids in your grade, a smaller, more quiet girl named Y/F/N being absolutely tormented by the school's bully.

You were standing at your locker just minding your own business, trading out your books for the ones you'd need for your next class. Y/F/N's locker was a few down from you, so you noticed when she sprinted down and began to furiously spin the dial on her combination lock. Her panicked and rushed behavior puzzled you as there was seemingly nothing to make her act that way, it was only the very beginning of passing time, and you knew that she was in your next hour only a few doors down.

You hadn't really spoken to the girl in the past, but when you saw her hands tremble, and that she looked over her shoulder trying to spot someone, that something was wrong.

So you cleared your throat and asked, "are you okay?"

She jumped a little and furrowed her eyebrows. When she realized that it was you that had spoken to her, her neck snapped over and she flushed. "I- I'm fine, thank you," she forced out a smile and then tried to turn back to her locker.

"Are you sure you don't need help?" You gestured to her locker that was still shut despite her best efforts.

Her eyes widened in surprise at the offer and her mouth dropped open a little. "You'd help me?" She asked, confusion lacing her voice.

"Yeah, I mean I it looks like you're having trouble," you closed your own locker and walked over to hers, "you'll have to tell me your combination though."

She shrugged, "nothing worth stealing in there, 10-18-23," she recited them and you expertly twisted the dial back and forth to the numbers.

"Here we go!" You giggled and held up your crossed fingers as you moved down and tried the latch. It popped right open.

"Oh thank you!" She unexpectedly surged forward and wrapped her arms around your waist.

You froze at first, but then just decided to go along with it. Yeah, you didn't really know her, but you knew hugs and those were nice.