Prologue

Once upon a time, a long time ago, there was once a great kingdom. A kingdom that existed long before either you or I was ever born in a time called the Silver Millennium. This kingdom was unique not because of its prosperity or how great it was, but because it existed on the Moon, subsequently naming it the Moon Kingdom. In this kingdom, an event took place that would result in calamity but would begin our story.

It all began with a young girl standing on the balcony outside of the castle. She was young, about in her teens, wore a beautiful white, majestic, flowing dress, and had long blonde hair tied in buns on top of her head. She was Serenity, the princess of the Moon Kingdom. As she stood outside, the princess stared wistfully upwards toward a particular planet that you and I know as Earth. Why was she staring up at it, you ask? The reason was simple — two reasons. The first was because she was fascinated with it. The second was the biggest reason of all. The princess had fallen in love. Particularly with a prince from Earth named Endymion. There wasn't a single moment when he wasn't out of her thoughts.

On this night, in particular, the princess was waiting for Endymion to come. Then she heard a voice.

"Princess Serenity!"

The princess looked down, and there standing beside the fountain in the courtyard was Endymion himself.

"There you are, Endymion," said Serenity. "I've been waiting for you."

"I am sorry that I came here so late for the ball, my princess," said Endymion. "but I'm afraid that I have some dire news."

"What is it?" asked the princess.

"It's horrible. Beryl, a woman who ended up being possessed by an evil being called Metalia, has most of the people of Earth brainwashed," continued Endymion. "And now, because of that, she's convinced the people of earth to attack the moon and take it over if they want to live even longer lives-"

Before Endymion could say anything more, he was interrupted by a voice.

"Halt! Who goes there!?"

Hearing the voice, Serenity and Endymion jumped as three guards suddenly appeared with their spears poised. The reason being was because people from Earth, like Endymion, were forbidden from being on the Moon.

"Don't worry! I'll see you at the ball!" Endymion called out as he ran off with the guards hot on his trail. All Princess Serenity could do was watch as her love disappeared from the corner, trying to give the guards the slip.

"Please hurry back, Endymion," she whispered. "And be careful."

"I wouldn't be worried," said a voice that came from behind her. "I'm sure that Endymion will be just fine."

Feeling a little startled, the princess turned around. There standing before her was a young man about Endymion's age. He was slightly taller than her, had short blonde hair and silver eyes, and wore a black tuxedo with gold trims and a cape. Serenity froze upon seeing this man.

"T-Taiyou. It's you..." Serenity gasped. "How long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough," Taiyou replied. "I also happened to overhear everything you two were talking about."

Serenity looked at the man with slight fear, thinking that the man would tell her mother, but Taiyou looked at the princess, his silver eyes filled with kindness.

"Fear not, dear sister," the man replied. "I have no intention of turning in Endymion. Especially since he's one of the most honorable men I've ever known. No matter how much the people of the Moon and Earth think otherwise."