Sinful Theft

December 20th, 11:24 PM

April was dressed in black, hiding at the end of the block, waiting for the lights to go out in one particular shop, the one holding something real valuable.

11:26 PM

It was now time to make her move. April walked over to the clock shop. She pulled out a bobby pin and began to pick the lock. On display in the window, was a priceless treasure: a watch, the clock of which was plated with diamonds, and the strap decorated with sapphire, emerald, ruby, moonstone, alexandrite, and spinel. It was so amazing, it had made an article on the city news! April had heard Papyrus fantasizing about this watch, so she HAD to get it for him, but she couldn't afford it! It was worth more than the rent for some apartments!! Maybe really bad ones, but still! She opened the door and closed it behind her in case there were any patrolling officers. Knowing the cameras were shut down (courtesy of a criminal hacker she knew) she sprayed some water into the air, revealing a laser gate. Carefully sliding in two backpack size mirrors, the lasers were reflected and she had easy access to the watch. On her way out, she grabbed a couple sets of earrings she wanted, along with some cash from the register, and some necklaces. She felt bad doing something so big, but it was worth getting the perfect gift for that skeleton.

11:28 PM

A small van drove up to April and stopped. The window was rolled down, revealing a young man, about 30, with a black beanie and a little bit of stubble. "Thank you for your help. The watch and earrings are mine, the rest is for you and your wife, just like we agreed. I hope you find a suitable job soon so you don't have to rely on theft, maybe you can look into programming," And with that, she handed the man the cash and necklaces, then walked away with her prizes, and guilt crawling down her spine. She had committed theft before, but that was just the occasional bag of french fries from the hotel if she was just feeling mischevious and hungry at the same time!