The Big Night Pt. 2

5:49 PM

"Wow! I believe we just saw a future rock star there. Up next, on this perfect occasion, behold: Ethan York!" He walked onto the stage with a handsome tux and bowtie. "I found a love, for me, darling just dive right in, follow my lead," He was a great singer. "Quit panicking May, the crowd loves you," she scolded herself. Ethan pulled Ari onto the stage and into a slow dance. "Baby I'm, dancing in the dark, with you between my arms, barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song, when you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath, you heard it, darling you look perfect tonight," they danced so beautifully. But the best part of their act, was when Mettaton caught sight of May and mouthed the last line to her. She could imagine her eyes turning into giant hearts! As she tried so hard not to squeal in excitement, the announcer came back. "That was really heartwarming, and maybe just too perfect. Our final performer tonight, she's waving at us, don't forget to wave back, give a big warm welcome to May Thomas!" She adjusted her coat, threw on a hat, and walked onto the stage. She kept her face hidden. "I learned to slam on the brake, before I even turn the key," When she reached the first chorus, the coat and hat were removed to reveal an asymmetrical white mermaid dress with blue airbrush designs, dusted in glitter, and 9" aqua blue gladiator heels. "On the outside always looking in, will I, ever be more than I've always been? 'Cause I'm tap, tap, tappin' on the glass," the audience began slowly waving flashlights. "When you're falling in a forest, and there's nobody around, do you ever really crash or even make a sound? Did I even make a sound? Did I even make a sound? It's like I never made a sound, will I ever make a sound?" She hid inside the coat she threw on the floor for a brief moment before standing back up, the coat still partially on. "Is anybody wavin'? Wavin'? Waving?" The music cut out and the crowd burst into applause. Then May dropped the coat once again letting the beautiful dress sparkle on stage. The announcer returned. "She just waved out to us, and look at how many people waved back! A grand finale to our talent show! And now, to announce the winners, selected by our judges!" May walked off the stage. "In 3rd place, we have Evelyn Dubious and Maxwell Kendrick!" The crowd cheered as the two walked onto the stage. "In second, we have Ethan York!" Wait! Ethan was second?! Who could be "And in the first place, we have May Thomas!" No way! She won?! As in, she was better than everyone else?! How?! Everyone else did so amazingly compared to her! Oh, right. Her boyfriend was a judge. Nonetheless, she walked onto the stage to claim her medal. They all bowed and the audience began to disband. As May began walking home, she was swept off her feet. "You did so fabulously! I just," Mettaton quit wasting his lips on words and pulled May into a kiss. Soon they heard cheering, the whole audience was there! May blushed but still looked up into Mettaton's eyes. He looked back at her with pure love and joy in his eyes. They pressed their foreheads together for a moment. They heard a few 'awww's from the crowd. "Let's go and celebrate," Mettaton told May as he took her by the hand and began guiding her away from the crowd, the other squad members not far behind.

6:03 PM

"We need bacon," "lots of bacon," the squad loved bacon. They didn't skimp on it at all. "Tater tots!" Cleo scooped a layer of tots into their tray. "Cheese," Maddie didn't hesitate to smother the mixture in shredded cheddar. "Tomato sauce," April covered everything in a thick layer of sauce. "Salty sauce," Cleo went nuts with the salt. "Ham, lots of ham," May evenly distributed ham slices along the dish. "More cheese," mozzarella was dumped onto the concoction by the twins. "Just a touch of basil," Ellie lightly dusted the casserole in basil. What else should they put on it? "Eggs," they all agreed. Then the tray was sent into the oven.

6:32 PM

While dinner was baking, "Who's most likely to um...accidentally start a fire?" May and April both laughed when they pointed to each other. "Who's most likely to be really overprotective?" Everyone including Cleo pointed to Cleo. They played this game throughout the time it took for the casserole to bake. The very last question was "Who's most likely to uh, be on a spaceship and accidentally hit the self destruct button instead of the lights off button?" each member of the squad pointed to a different person. May stood up to pull the casserole out of the oven. "Well let's just hope we all don't end up on a space ship together." 

7:17 PM

There was complete silence at the table. Everyone was so happy and busy eating the yummy food. They could barely muster up the time to give each other a smile or a happy nod. As May looked up, she found Paps and April eating off each other's plates. Cute.