Just Your Average Early Morning

January 15th, 1:26 AM

Mettaton heard a scream coming from the bedroom and ran in immediately. May snapped awake, her eyes filled with the tears. Mettaton joined her in bed and held her in his arms. "I was killed in the world apocalypse," She heard a bang from outside and snuggled up close to him. "Shhhhh, it's okay," There was a thunderstorm outside, and it was interfering with May's sleep! Hm...what could he do? "Hey, did I ever tell you about the time Undyne dragged me into a 'cooking lesson'?" May looked interested. "Tell me the story!" she begged. "Well.." Mettaton told May about his experience baking a cake with Undyne. The story was true, but a few details were exaggerated. "...and then, she steals the chainsaw from me and cuts the cake, pan, and countertop in half!" May couldn't stop laughing. "Typical Undyne! I mean, poor counter, but that's hilarious! Good idea to pull out the chainsaw!" Thinking back, maybe Mettaton shouldn't have done that, but Undyne was very aggressive back then and they both got a little carried away. "When was this? I need to know," Mettaton chuckled. "A couple years ago, shortly after we reached the surface, oh god, I was a crazy teenager," "Crazier than me?" May asked as she looked up. Mettaton looked down into May's eyes with a smile. "Oh, you're crazy, crazy cute!" He began tickling her. The room filled with giggles as May lay down and tried to swat Mettaton's hands away. He grabbed the blankets and tucked her in. "Alright, off to bed," but May grabbed his hand. She knew what the weather was like outside, and she refused to be left alone in it. "It's okay," Mettaton told her reassuringly. "Here," He joined her under the covers. "I'll stay here and watch over you," May nodded as she was pulled into the safety of his arms. A flash outside and she huddled closer. Thunder and she snuggled up as close as she could. Mettaton could hear her quiet whimpers and feel her heart beating. "Metta's here, Metta's here," he gave her a small dose of heat magic. She was still awake, but now she was sleepy. Mettaton kissed her forehead as she slowly drifted into the dream world. "Sweet dreams darling,"

4:39 AM

May opened her eyes, ready to start the day. She tried to get up, but Mettaton's arm tied her down. He was fully awake and knew how early it was. Still feeling really tired, but mostly unable to do anything else, May dozed off once more.

6:17 AM

Mettaton began moving the sizzling bacon onto a paper towel lined plate when he heard heels clacking. He turned to see May walk in. She opened the cabinet and gathered a few items, putting them all in a small bag like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. Mettaton set a plate of bacon and eggs on the table, a yummy breakfast for the hungry May. Nom, nom. She walked off to put on some makeup. Even though May made her own lunch, it was often too small and not very substantial, so Mettaton added more to it while May was getting dolled up, making sure to retain the puzzle block formation. He zipped up the bag and dished up some breakfast for himself.