Misunderstanding Pt. 2

4:03 PM

Mettaton was walking around the house, trying to rid his mind of anything related to May. It seemed to be impossible. The bedroom, May used to sleep in there. The kitchen, May would always sit in the chair on the left. The living room, they used to snuggle on the couch! The whole place was a minefield of memories! His thoughts were interrupted when he heard ringing. "Who's trying to Facetime me?" he wondered. "GREETINGS!" a familiar voice shouted from the other side of the line. "Hey Papyrus, well, I guess I'm single now," "DON'T BE RIDICULOUS!! YOU CAN STILL MAKE THINGS RIGHT! I CAN HAND THE PHONE OVER TO MAY SO SHE CAN-" "I don't want to talk to her!" Mettaton cut him off. "Well, if you won't talk to her then listen to me!" April had taken the phone. "We had a project in science. That guy you saw May with, was her assigned partner who by the way, has a girlfriend. They were just working on it. If you don't believe me, then read this," April held a paper in front of the camera long enough for Mettaton to read it, then set it down. "You should've just let her explain! I won't be surprised if she doesn't take you back!" April ended the call. Mettaton needed to fix this.

4:27 PM

May was under the blankets, sobbing into a pillow, staining it black with her running mascara. She wished Mettaton would knock on the door and take her back. She would run into his arms and they would move back into his place like none of it ever happened. "Who am I kidding? He doesn't want anything to do with me anymore!" May sobbed even louder. "Come baaaack! I'll take you baaaack!" her cries were muffled by the pillow. Little did she know, her love was downstairs, hoping she would forgive him. "You?! You're back?! You wrench in body spray! Don't even bother going up there! She's too good for a piece of scrap metal like you!" Despite what he was hearing from April, he mounted the stairs and opened the door to the angel's room. There she was, lying face down in bed, her long black hair spread all around the hot pink blankets. He pet her head. "Is it? Is it really you?" She lifted her head out of the black-stained pillow and looked up. Her face was covered in black smudges, as if it had been inside a fireplace, but it was still May's pretty little face, just buried under ink. She broke into a smile as she got onto her knees and leaned right into his arms. "You came back! My wish has been granted! Yes, you have been forgiven and yes, I'll go back and live with you!" she was still crying, but those were happy tears. "Aw May, I should've let you explain-" he was cut off when their lips met.

4:31 PM

Mettaton grabbed a face wipe and began to clean all the mascara off of May's face. "Now, we'll stay here for dinner, then go back to my place," May look into his eyes and nodded.

6:03 PM

May was laying in bed. She could both feel and hear her stomach growling, begging for food. When Mettaton walked in, he saw her gnawing on the blankets. He dug her out of the bedding and carried her into the kitchen. "I had Papyrus make your favorite, breakfast for dinner," he set her down at her usual spot at the table and brought her a plate. Scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, yum! She grabbed a bottle and topped everything with ketchup. She then spent a bit of time folding the hash browns with her fork before taking a bite. She had completely forgotten how delicious that skeleton's food was. Nom, nom, nom, nom! Her plate was empty, but she wasn't satisfied. She gently pushed the plate towards the center of the table with the back of her hand. Everyone was surprised, especially April. "Who are you and what have you done with May?" she asked. May didn't respond. She was given seconds. Nom, nom. She left the table and lay down on the couch with a little smile. Little May was full and happy.