Hearty Crew Pt. 2

6:42 AM

Everyone was in the kitchen munching on their breakfast. They decided to continue their role play instead of pausing it. It was a good chance to get Cleo and the twins caught up.

"So where we be sailing?" Cleo asked as she folded her hash browns with her fork. "We be on our way to the Arctic to return Marble, our pet narwhal," Squid Eye answered.

May saw that April was using one of those tiny forks meant for lobsters (which they didn't even eat) and got up to get another one. "I'm getting you a different fork because A: that's extremely depressing and B: If it's binging problems you want to solve, you're doing it wrong, you're supposed to use bigger forks," "When did you become the expert?" "Look it up online, do some research, it never fails," May handed April a regular fork and sat back down, using bacon as an edible spoon for her hash browns. "So the pet narwhal is a repeat of the puppy mishap?" Cleo asked. May pushed her plate away and face planted into an arm pillow, mumbling. April lifted her head out of her arms. "Sorry, what was that?" May threw her head back down with an irritated "mm!" Cleo rolled her eyes. "I'm going to take that as a 'yes'," May took her plate and walked into the living room. Cleo followed and found her asleep. "Uhhhh, guys! It seems our captain has fallen ill!" May opened her eyes just a little bit. "I hardly slept at all last night," Mettaton walked in with a blanket. "Well then feel free to take a little nap captain," He bundled her up and gave her a pillow. "So while our captain's taking a snooze, what are we gonna do?" Maddie asked. "Call more people to join our roleplay?" Everyone nodded.

7:16 AM

Alphys had joined their role play and became the crew's surgeon. "May," Mettaton quietly called out while petting her head. She snapped awake. "Bad dream?" May nodded as she sat up and took another bite of her unfinished breakfast. "What happened?" Mettaton asked. "Paps became a vegan chef," "You have nightmares about that too?" April asked. "Um, my dreams are different every night, yours aren't?" "It's usually one of 3 things. 1. I win the jackpot at a casino and get accused of stealing it the second I leave, 2. Papyrus starts only cooking vegan food, or 3. Sans tries to kill me," "Well I don't think #2 will happen because nobody here is vegan. I don't think anyone is even vegetarian," "Anyway, let's get back to the roleplay, are we close to the Arctic?"

"Aye captain, ye might want to wear a jacket," May noted this as she pulled out her quill and a bottle of ink. "Captain's Log: Me crew encountered another ship. Due to it sinking, its former inhabitants are now me new crewmates. I believe their former captain has an eye for me. He gave me pearls and carried me to me quarters." May slipped the little black book back into her coat. "Alrighty, Maties! Marble and I will climb aboard the rowboat and get close to her pod." Mettaton walked over to May and tentatively reached a hand out, placing it on her shoulder. "You got this?... Captian?" May looked up at Mettaton and nearly broke character. "Are you questioning me?! Watch your tongue before I throw you into the brig...or worse, overboard." Mettaton backed off with hands up as if to say 'I'm Innocent'. May turned and climbed into the rowboat. Man was it freezing out here! How did no one have hypothermia yet? As Marble swam alongside May, she thought of all the fun times they had. When they had saved each other's lives. When Marble was stranded on the ice, where the pirates found her. Oh! that one time May had fallen overboard, if it weren't for Marble, she would've drowned. No! She couldn't have an emotional rush now! Not about the narwhal she was tasked with returning! Too late, tears were already filling up her eyes. She wanted to start rowing in the opposite direction, but her crew would find something off and she would get busted for being too soft of a captain. Despite how sad she was, looking down and seeing Marble recognize her home and maybe even hearing her pod reminded May why she was doing this. A Narwhal needs their family just like a Catian needs their crew. Right on time, May saw the pod not too far away, and they were closing the distance fast. She could almost hear them calling out to Marble. When the pod reached them May had to hold on the side of the boat because the water had become rough due to the excited movements of the whales underneath her. May stayed for a few more moments but she knew their time was up. She got about halfway back to the boat when she felt a soft bump. Looking into the water she sees Marble racing up to surface. Before she knew it Marble breached the water and soared over May landing on the other side of the boat. May sat for a while, letting the tears dry, both to watch Marble and her family leave. And also to give her time to calm down before boarding the boat. Climbing up the ladder, May did give her crew a chance to ask any questions. "Where to next?!"