...N...e...e...d F...o...o...d...

January 30th, 3:28 PM

After softball practice, and a few brief minutes hanging up the last few flyers, May and Mettaton were at the mall. They walked past a Starbucks. May wanted to get something there and reached for Mettaton's shoulder before remembering she wasn't allowed to have coffee. On the way to Target, they walked past the DQ. She stopped to stare wistfully at the delicious looking blizzards. May felt a tug on her hand and looked to see Mettaton continuing to walk away. She kept pace with him as her stomach growled. While in Target, walking down every food aisle was near torture. The chips, the berries, and of course the candy! May would slow her walk to stare at all the yumminess until she felt the tug on her arm. As they checked out, all May could think about was the smell of popcorn filling the area. She gently tugged Mettaton's arm and pointed to the mini food court. When she looked back, she saw he wasn't even looking! She tugged on his shoulder. "Come on May, we got more shopping to do,"

3:47 PM

Mettaton turned down the hall to get to the parking garage. He was thinking about how May had been pretty quiet this whole shopping trip and how unusual it was when he heard the loudest rumble come from her little stomach. Mettaton looked down to see May looking almost embarrassed, holding an arm across her chest. "May, are you hungry?" As he wrapped an arm around her shoulder, May looked down and slowly nodded as if she was admitting guilt to a horrendous crime. "Darling, is that why you've been so quiet this whole trip? Why didn't you just say something? We walked by so many food places!" May snapped her head up. "I tried to hint at it but..." she looked back down. "You didn't ask." Mettaton turned them around and started to walk back into the mall, looking annoyed. "Where are we going?" May asked. Mettaton looked at her as if she was crazy, not for the first time that day. "We're going to get you something to eat."

4:21 PM

May and Mettaton were at one of the tables in the food court. May looked so happy with a cup of ice cream in hand. He had also gotten her some fries and a few breadsticks. He needed to talk to her. It was kind of on his part for not noticing, (How did he not? He usually did right away) but she still should've just said so in the beginning. "May, if you were hungry this whole time, why didn't you say so?" May thought for a moment and found an answer. "Normally I don't have to...you can just tell," she muttered. "Well...I was so caught up in shopping...I didn't notice," he still felt awful for that. "Next time, just tell me when you're hungry. That way you won't have a rumbly belly bothering you all day,"