Pun-ishment

2:59 PM

On her way home, May watched a pun compilation video, which gave her some ideas. "I know the pun I wanna make, but what am I gonna say before the punchline?" she wondered.

3:42 PM

"Hey Mettaton, did you notice the band in the kitchen?" Mettaton was downright confused. "Guess what genre they play," May led him into the kitchen and over to a counter. "Rock," On the counter were little rocks with googly eyes, punk hairstyles, little gold earrings, tiny black jackets, and tiny instruments. "Oh my god, they're so cute!" Mettaton exclaimed while laughing as Papyrus walked in. "Hey, Paps, Paps Paps Paps Paps, look at this," Mettaton showed him the rock band. Annoyed by the pun, he walked into the living room, followed by Mettaton and his little shadow. "Aw come on, you have to admit that adorable pun sure rocked," Now he was even more annoyed. "OH MY GOD! WHY MUST YOU AND YOUR SHADOW RUIN MY DAY WITH AWFUL JOKES?!" "Hey wait one second, is the roof leaking?" May asked. Both guys looked up and saw a bunch of leeks tied to the ceiling. "Where did you even get those?" Mettaton nearly froze. "They just randomly showed up on our doorstep. Not even gonna question it," All 3 of them were so confused. April walked in. "I heard the sound of Papyrus being annoyed, you guys rattling his bones or something?" Now Paps was just in a corner not looking at anyone. "Oh no, I think we broke him. Should we call Dr. Alphys?" "Aw come on Papy, those jokes were not even a bit humerus to you?" Papyrus turned around with his non-existent eyebrows bent. "HAVE YOU ALL BEEN SECRETLY GOING TO GRILLBY'S WITH MY BROTHER?! HE IS A TERRIBLE INFLUENCE ON ALL OF YOU!!" they heard a knock on the door. April looked through the window. "It's Sans, hide!"

3:46 PM

May was inside the piano, and Mettaton was in the storage closet. The skeleton brothers were hanging out in the living room talking to each other, unfortunately, Sans dropped a few puns, which worsened his brother's mood and almost revealed everyone else's hiding spots. "But seriously, bro, she is no good, when you finally figure that out, don't say I didn't warn you," April rolled her eyes as Sans walked out the door. "Seriously? Cleo is a more protective sibling than Sans is, and she's okay with her sister being engaged," She then realized she had picked the worst possible hiding spot: the corner of the ceiling near the front door. How was she going to get down? May was grabbing pillows and couch cushions. "What are you doing?" May looked up to her as she set everything on the floor beneath April "Giving you something soft to land on for when you fall," hearing that scared April even more. She was 9 feet high supported only by her fingers and a stretched out leg pressed against the wall, the other bent and hanging on by the nose of her shoe. "Ayúdame!" Papyrus held his arm out. April saw her body was outlined in a bright blue. She closed her eyes, terrified Paps would drop her. She could feel herself losing the little grip she had as the slow descent began. Suddenly, Paps slipped. Just a little bit over a foot above the pillow arrangement, he managed to catch her and bring her down slowly before letting her fall the last few inches, meeting the cushions on the floor. She stood up and ran into the skeleton's arms, crying, it was so unbelievable.

3:48 PM

May was shocked. April had always said she loved Papyrus, but May had seen zero evidence of her meaning it. She had used that lack of knowledge to build the lie she told him a couple days ago. But now she had just seen another side of their relationship she had no idea was even there. As she was processing this new information, she began thinking of herself as a bad person, someone who only hurt others. Was she really evil? Sure felt that way. Ashamed of what she thought was her destiny, May walked up to her room and took off her vest, leaving it on the floor. Maybe if she took a bath, she could wash away her ill thoughts along with all the dirt that accumulated on her skin. That is, if she could take off the corset. Normally she could do that no problem, but recently, it had been getting harder and harder to get it off.

4:21 PM

It felt so nice to clean off the dirt and oils, but unfortunately, May had failed in cleaning out her mind. Smartly, instead of putting the corset back on, she threw on a pink sports bra. She lay in bed and heard a knock on the door. "Come in," Mettaton opened the door. He could tell something was off, her room was usually spotless, but there were clothes on the floor and her bed was unmade. "May, what's the matter?" he sat on her bed. "I'm fine," May put all of her hair over her shoulder and in her lap so as not to get the sheets wet. "You're not fine, since when do you leave your room a mess?" Mettaton couldn't even picture "May" and "messy" in the same sentence. She crawled into his lap and explained what she was thinking. "I've been a bad dog," she concluded. "Well, what do you think a good dog would do?" he asked. May got up, cleaned her room to its original state, tucked Mettaton into bed, grabbed him a little snack, and joined him in bed, cuddling with him. He pet her head and held her in his arms. "Good girl."