Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

5:43 PM

Mettaton was in the kitchen about to bring 2 bowls of mac n cheese into the living room, when May just walked in and latched onto him. "Hey beautiful, you hungry?" May shook her head and dragged him onto the couch. The thunder outside sounded awfully close to them. "1...2...," 3 miles away. May buried her face in his chest when she heard the loud thunder. She was absolutely terrified. Mettaton wrapped his arms around her and pet her head. "Shhhhh, it's okay darling, Metta's here," May was still whimpering. "It's right on top of us, we're all gonna die," her voice was muffled. "No, we're not, that's not gonna happen," That remark did nothing. May was still paralyzed in fear. "Shhhhhhhhhhhh, Metta's here, Metta's here darling, you know who else is here?" He pulled out Squishy as May lifted her head up. "Hello...Squishy...boy," Mettaton saw Helper Bot holding a tray with the mac n cheese and motioned for him to come over. "And we have some yummy mac n cheese," May saw lightning and returned to her original position. Mettaton grabbed a spoonful of pasta. "It's got cut up hot dogs and bacon bits, just the way you like it," he could hear a defiant "Mm-mm," followed by a low rumble. "9x3rg coming in. Nyoom!" he brought the spoon up to May as she lifted her head up. Num! She went back into 'hiding' at the sound of thunder. "Shhhhhh, it's okay," Mettaton sat up and pulled her into his lap.

5:46 PM

Mettaton had bundled May up in a blanket. The thunder sounded a bit further away, but that didn't mean she was any less terrified. She was huddling close to Mettaton, shaking and whimpering. "Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it's okay, Metta's here, Metta's here," he wrapped one arm around May's shoulders and used his other hand to feed her spoonfuls of mac n cheese. With every bite, May was getting sleepy. "Mettaton, my hero, you're the best honey," just before she could drift off, lightning struck and she snapped wide awake. She huddled closer to Mettaton, not wanting to leave the safety of his arms. Tears fell from her eyes. "Shhhhh, Metta's here, it's okay," He felt May hickup, and take a deep breath trying to stop her self from crying. "May! Hey, everything's ok the sun will come out soon... But until then," He began to sing soft and slow. "You are my May, my only May, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know dear, how much I love you, please don't take my darling away," He looked down at May to see a small smile on her face. "That was so... pretty," Falling asleep before she fully finished the sentence.