Chapter 11: Cesar Vialpando

After another full hour at the gym, CJ once again felt pretty sore. But he was still satisfied, because he knew he'd be able to build more muscle the more he went to the gym to work out. He rode his bike all the way down to Grove Street.

As he arrived in his neighborhood, he heard arguing inside Sweet's house. Sweet and Kendl must be arguing again. Sweet was rather overprotective of Kendl as if she was his daughter. So CJ hopped off his bicycle and ran to Sweet's house to see what the commotion was all about.

Inside, Kendl was packing her briefcase inside her bedroom, and Sweet was right behind her arguing.

"I'm tired of you not listening to me, girl," Sweet told Kendl.

"And I'm tired of you acting like you own me," Kendl snapped, walking away. "I can see who I want to see."

"It just ain't right you seeing some cholo motherfucker," Sweet told her.

"Ohh, what?" Kendl snarled, turning around to face Sweet. "A no-good narrow-minded hypocrite gangbanger telling me what is right and what is wrong. Let me guess, Sweet - senseless killing right, but a boyfriend from the Southside, wrong?"

Kendl turned to walk away, with Sweet trailing behind. "Some things ain't just meant to happen," Sweet replied. "I mean what if y'all have kids. Leroy Hernandez? That don't sound good, girl."

"His name ain't Hernandez," Kendl told him, entering the bathroom to get a few materials to pack with her.

"Well, Leroy Lopez then," Sweet said.

"Or Lopez either, you racist fuck!" Kendl snapped, shoving Sweet out of the way as she exited the bathroom. "That ain't how Moms raised us."

"I ain't racist," Sweet told her, following her back into her bedroom. "I just know how they feel about you. And look at you, you're dressed like a hooker!"

"Oh and I guess you two would know what a hooker look like, huh?" Kendl told him, finishing packing her briefcase.

"You say it like it's a bad thing!" CJ said, eavesdropping on the two.

"Shut up, Carl!" Sweet and Kendl said together.

Kendl then grabbed her briefcase and walked towards the door.

"I'm just trying to protect you," Sweet told Kendl, trying to calm down.

"For what?" Kendl asked sternly. "So I can date one of your mindless friends? I don't think so."

Sweet didn't say a word. He knew it was impossible to reason with Kendl at this point. He had dealt with a lot last year and wasn't ready to lose his little sister. So he watched as Kendl then turned to leave and slam the door shut behind her.

"Don't say a word, Carl," Sweet told CJ. "Just follow your sister, before you see another dead sibling. Then you'll know exactly what my problem is. She's meeting him at some cholo car club."

CJ complied to Sweet's demand and stepped outside. CJ took Sweet's Greenwood and drove away. Sweet had also told CJ to meet his friend from last year, Rico, at his garage in Willowfield.

As CJ drove through the streets of Los Santos, he thought of what his little sister was up to and why Sweet was so worried. Sure CJ didn't like seeing her get hurt either, but what was so wrong about Kendl seeing another man that made him so overprotective of her?

As CJ rode passed Playa de Seville, he finally made it to the garage in Willowfield and saw a Latino man wearing a mechanic suit and a black bandana on his head riding out of the garage in a red lowrider.

"So, you must be Sweet's bro' huh?" Rico said to CJ, hopping out of the lowrider.

"Yeah," CJ replied. "Carl Johnson. But you can call me CJ."